SUMMARY: Psychometricians are key contributors in the Assessment Services team and are involved in all tasks from test design through reporting of scores. These individuals are responsible for contributing to activities such as item calibration, forms construction, scaling and equating, and technical documentation. Psychometricians will work closely with both internal and external clients to fulfill needs of test design and development.
The Assessment Services team consists of assessment specialists, psychometricians, statistical analysts, graphic artists, production editors, and technical writing experts. Psychometricians are knowledge leaders on the Assessment Services team and within Questar. They are expected to be knowledgeable about the assessment industry and with guidance from Senior Psychometricians, be able to advise internal and external teams on best practices in test development. They should initiate conversations and projections to bring innovation, flexibility, and efficiency to Questar processes, and work closely with all Questar teams and clients to meet quality and service expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with a team of psychometricians and statistical programmers and serve as a point of contact for internal Questar teams.
- Draft psychometric analysis plans for review and feedback by senior psychometricians and statistical programmers.
- Under direction of senior psychometricians, implement scaling and equating procedures.
- Construct tests, and evaluate tests built by others according to psychometric targets.
- Participate in data review meetings.
- Assist with planning, design, creating materials for, and facilitating standard setting meetings.
- Communicate (orally and in writing) technical concepts in non-technical ways with clients, Questar staff, or other external stakeholders.
- Synthesize information and produce coherent summaries and recommendations.
- Create documents, prepare presentations, and present at Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), client, and other external stakeholder group meetings.
- Deliver on time, quality results.
- Estimate completion time for various activities, review schedules and provide feedback on reasonableness.
- Assist with developing proposal solutions and contribute to the proposal process.
- Ph.D. in educational statistics, measurement, psychometrics, an Ed.D in educational measurement or a related field
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in educational assessment.
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS or SAS and IRT software such as WINSTEPS, PARSCALE or IRTPRO.
- Understanding of item calibration, score equating, and item analysis using both classical and IRT methods.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Powered by JazzHR