Responsible for designing the look, feel, and functionality of company websites and portals in a way that engages our target audience and drives traffic. The Web Design Advisor should have an in-depth knowledge of UI/UX best practices and experience with interaction design, visual design, and design systems with cross-functional responsibilities. In this position, you’ll translate customer and business needs into actionable and strong designs that will deliver an exceptional experience to our users.
- Utilize advanced digital design skills, layout & conceptual skills to execute creatively on business objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Design web and portal experiences, including layout, user interface graphics, and navigation
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, user-centered storyboards, user and process flows and site maps considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings
- Utilize visual design trends and cross platform (responsive) layouts to provide the best user experience (UX) possible
- Assist with or oversee design of images, banners, and other graphics to improve the sites appearance as well as implement improvements to overall page design and information architecture.
- Collaborate across disciplines and departments to translate business requests, usability test results and field research findings into intuitive designs
- Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
- Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, testing data or business requirements)
- Perform ongoing content/functionality administration and usability testing.
- Establish project timeframes, write and maintain documentation and meet deadlines
- Work under general supervision but also able to support and mentor colleagues.
- Work in an agile environment on multiple projects concurrently under a tight schedule
- Keep current on emerging design technologies, standards and trends
- Work closely and build relationships with key stakeholders (business units, partners, etc.) attending planning meetings and kickoff calls to determine project schedules and scope to meet business needs.
- Contribute to brand experience, visual communication and business initiatives
- Solid experience in web and graphic design with a strong understanding of design principles supported by an online portfolio of functional examples
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin and Sketch applications
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Strong understanding of web development standards and tools, including code validation, data usage and analysis tools
- Experience working with programmers and other stakeholders on development projects (storyboarding, user interface design, prototyping)
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX best practice design
- Understanding of SEO (search engine optimization) and SEO tools
- Excellent team management, mentoring, collaboration and project management skills.
- Experience working effectively on multiple deadline-oriented projects
- Advanced creative problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems and project management/collaboration tools
- Experience with, or understand of, agency workflow and agile methodology
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BFA preferably in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or web-related area) and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 2,500 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers. When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
o Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
o When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
o Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
o We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
o Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.quest.com/careers.