Senior Category Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director – Product Management
We are working with an internationally known distributor who is a leader in their industry and provides high quality materials, machines, supplies and resources to their customers. The team here has a unique opportunity to support the creativity of their customers who are makers and entrepreneurs, helping bring their visions to life.
Our client is seeking a Director Product Management who is the lead merchant on the Product Management team responsible for the overall assortment strategy, inventory management, and product life-cycle for a highly sku intensive business with a diverse portfolio of product categories and in-house manufacturing, in addition, this position will be responsible for supporting the execution of a new system implementation and leading the transition of sku’s into the new platform.
This role is very hands-on and will have to balance the strategic with the tactical while managing the day-to-day tasks in building assortments, pricing, promotion and markdown, buy planning, receipt plans, store allocation strategies, gross margin and overall inventory management. This role will have tremendous impact on new product development and growth with a focus on how we meet the needs of our consumers while meaningfully differentiating from competition – and all of the execution implications of that strategy.
SVP, Product Management & Commercial
· Define product needs by classification/hierarchy that align with company objectives and manage the product assortment within the financial framework that meets or exceeds sales and margin plan
· Responsible for maintaining inventory levels based on open-to-buy, inventory turn, sales plans, and key budget/financial metrics
· Work with the team to create/execute an overarching product development approach and plan that includes competitive assessment, deep understanding of our consumers and their end uses, and identification of new product categories and/or segments that can drive profitable growth
· 8+ years of general merchandising experience
· Product development background, with a proven track record of success in direct importing of merchandise and knowledge of product, sourcing, assortment optimization, retail planning, and supplier management
· Work experience in a direct-to-consumer industry
· Highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with all levels of the organization
· Balanced creative and analytical thinking (left/right brain balance)
· Strong negotiation skills
· Ability to learn and utilize in house systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with both external and internal business partners
· High energy and fast paced office environment, subject to quick turnaround situations
· Manage direct report, motivate the team, and ability to delegate effectively
· Travel required (International and Domestic), 30%-40% (Upon return of normal operations)
· New hires are required to show proof of vaccination within 30 days of accepting their offer. With limited exceptions as required by law
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, age, creed, arrest records, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and/or participation in lawful activities outside the workplace.
Quest Talent Solutions
AddressFort Worth, TX
Get fresh Director of Category Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.