Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
We are working with an US based consumer goods distribution company that partners with national retailers throughout the US to provide the most trendy, up to date, and relevant products for their clients. They are seeking an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join their growing team and have direct supervision over multiple warehouse associates in their 40K sq ft facility.
- Supervise Warehouse Employees
- Position will report to Warehouse Manager
- Coordinate the import and domestic movement of cargo.
- Prepare and distribute arrival notices timely to our customers. (Manual and using EDI).
- Maintain documentation and records.
- Assist with and/or handle all aspects of importation of cargo as necessary.
- Provide customer support.
- Assist and handle general office administration.
- Support warehouse operations (picking, packing, shipping)
- Build pallets
- Forklift and pallet jack experience
- Manage inbound customer orders
- Route orders via customer’s transportation website
- Route prepaid orders with nominated domestic partners
- Manage import shipments into designated warehouse
- Create packing lists and bills of lading as needed
- Coordinate inbound and outbound shipments with two 3PL locations
- Handle customer service calls, as needed
- Good basic understanding of Microsoft office (word, excel and outlook)
- Working knowledge of ERP system
- Previous supervisor experience a plus
- 3 years of experience in general freight forwarding/logistics/importing is required.
- Good working knowledge of the various international transportation products, as well as general knowledge of U.S. Customs requirements. The individual should understand process flows and general accounting practices and procedures.
- Fluent in oral/written communication (English)
- This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
- Ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 lb.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time,
- Stand up & sit-down forklift experience & safety knowledge.
Quest Talent Solutions
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Quest Talent Solutions