Marketing and Communication Specialist
Sharing in the broad vision of company, the Marketing and Communication Specialist will report to
the Director of Business Development & Administration and support the fundraising effort and
coordinate marketing, media relations and event planning initiatives. The incumbent is
responsible for the independent performance of the day to day marketing, communications and
outreach activities for company and works on a broad range of projects, involving the development
and execution of publications, printing, marketing campaigns, branding and public messaging.
The candidate oversees the design of all marketing materials, including but not limited to:
creating, designing and updating marketing content, (print, newsletter, newspapers, web, social
media, etc.). The incumbent will develop marketing strategies and materials to assist in the
promotion of company goals and mission to the general public and creating positive working
relationships with external and internal stakeholders. The incumbent must also have experience
in storytelling, editing—especially on digital platforms; planning and scheduling with marketing
and communications projects. The incumbent must have current knowledge of the fundamentals
of marketing research and public affairs as well as, strong written and verbal communication
skills. The incumbent must have the ability to use independent judgment to make decisions,
interpret, and apply a wide range of policies and procedures; use discretion and confidentiality;
work with individuals at all levels within the organization; understand issues from a broad
strategic perspective; act as a representative to outside entitles; and must have a demonstrated
interest and ability to work in a multicultural/multi-ethnic environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as a development and communications resource throughout the organization. This
position requires a results-oriented individual whose passion for company’s mission is matched with
strong interpersonal skills, crisp decision-making in the face of complex challenges and a proven
record of accomplishment of managing communications and fund raising projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Work with the Director of Business Development & Administration to carry out
fundraising, marketing and community relations projects; including writing and editing
2. Work with the Director of Business Development & Administration to complete and
distribute electronic and printed newsletters; including designing, delivering and tracking
results in donor management software. Additionally, continually update and correct
3. Administer the donor database (nonprofit donation management software (Network for
Good)) to capture donor contact information, track gifts and engagement, extract reports,
send personalized communications, and continually update and correct database records.
4. Coordinate productions and mailing of fundraising appeal letters.
5. Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and correspondence.
6. Work with the Accounting Division to create fundraising reports as needed.
7. Create and repurpose content for social media posts and website updates.
8. Monitor the website to ensure content is current.
9. Work with the Director of Business Development & Administration to plan and coordinate
anniversary events and communications; including collaborating with the committee and
10. Complete general tasks related to Advancement; including performing other duties as
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Bachelor of Arts/Science (BA/BS) degree in Journalism or equivalent experience.
2. Direct experience working with donor management software.
3. Direct experience updating and maintaining website content.
4. Direct experience and proficiency using email management software.
5. Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills required.
6. Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
7. Skilled in desktop publishing, including Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign and
8. Three years of experience working in the nonprofit sector.
9. Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred.