Engineering Technician I
Quest Staffing Services, Inc. Camarillo, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Engineering Technician I
Reports To: Department Supervisor
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm
Our focus is to find a candidate who not only has some technical experience but is also comfortable using existing templates to create reports. Under minimal supervision the employee will design and develop prototype product, tooling and related processes, perform physical testing of raw materials, components, sub-assemblies and finished devices, perform equipment repairs, design and implement equipment modifications, write and execute equipment qualifications and present relative findings in written technical reports.
- Fabricate prototype devises using in-house and/or customer supplied input information.
- Perform physical testing of raw materials, components sub-assemblies and finished devices using basic laboratory equipment.
- Design, build and document processing equipment, tooling and related manufacturing processes.
- Develop pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems in support of equipment, scheme and assemble and test these items as outlined in the design.
- Ability to troubleshoot new and/or existing equipment, tooling and processes, recommend improvements and execute corrective action.
- Develop manufacturing documentation in support of product/process development activity.
- Write equipment Installation, Operation and Performance Qualifications, Technical Reports and Engineering Change Orders.
- Develop and execute test protocols in support of product/process development activity.
- Develop and perform molding operations using both manufacturing and engineering equipment.
- Accurately complete drawings, forms, requisitions and lot traceability documentation.
- Read, write, understand and follow detail oriented procedures.
- Ability to work independently to perform daily operating tasks.
- Ability to work with project leaders from all departments.
- Train co-workers in new and existing processes and/or tooling.
- Maintain workplace in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Required to be present in the work place during scheduled work hours.
- Ability to work independently to perform daily operation tasks.
- Participate in other work functions as directed.
- Perform and/or support equipment calibration and maintenance as needed. As directed assists outside department team leaders on special projects.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while typing and using a mouse or other curser controlling device.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands or arms, and talk and hear.
- The employee frequently will use either one or both hands to firmly grasp, push and/or pull.
- The employee will occasionally reach overhead to grasp objects and lift or carry up to 60 pounds.
- It will be necessary to be around equipment and machinery and work in a laboratory, maintenance shop and cleanroom environment.
- Normal 20/20 vision ability (with corrective lenses, if needed) is required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Manual dexterity required.
- Ability to safely use basic hand tools as well as relevant laboratory and maintenance equipment such as drills, saws, sanders, presses, ovens scales mixers and calipers.
- Ability to read, understand and accurately complete documentation in English.
- Ability to take notes in English.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in English, and present information in one-on-one situations to other personnel.
- Ability to clearly present information in written form including equipment qualifications, test protocols, technical reports, emails and informal memoranda.
- Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs and ISO guidelines.
- Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
- Ability to accurately perform detail oriented work within a laboratory, maintenance shop and cleanroom environments.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and ability to perform these operations using fractions, decimal and metric units of measure.
- Must possess basic computer skills (Windows platform) Microsoft Office programs.
- Prior Electromechanical experience required.
- One year minimum in a previous technical/mechanical position.
- Prior experience in the Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical related industry desired
Quest Staffing Services, Inc.
405 E. Esplanade DriveCamarillo, CA