Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Customer Service Representative
Responsible for assisting the customer by informing, educating, offering options, quoting, processing customer orders. Manager is looking for strong analytical skills, exceptional math and Excel skills. Salary range is dependent on experience. Pay range: $20/hr - $25/hr Depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions;
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information and submitting to Accounting personnel.
- Processes orders, quotes, RMA’s for returns and/or credits.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Interfaces with Purchasing and Production to determine on-time deliveries
- Communicate to customer and outside sales representative of any potential issues, advise updates on orders or quotes, secure approved drawings at time of orders, submit Order Acknowledgements.
- Communicate with Planning on customer forecasts
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
No direct supervisor responsibilities however may be a lead or train more junior or less experience customer service personnel.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own for positive results.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Business or Science degree or 5-8 years of experience related to Customer Service within a Distribution and/or Manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working in an ISO 9000 environment a plus.
Ability to read English and interpret general business documents, letters, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages, must possess excellent skills in basic math (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
Strong understanding and experience with ERP/MRP systems. Proficient with MS Outlook and MS Office applications (strong Excel skills).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively; able to manage multiple projects.
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical or medical device markets a plus
The work environment has that of an office characteristic. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Quest Staffing Services, Inc.
405 E. Esplanade DriveCamarillo, CA