Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and challenging IT problems. We are currently looking for a Software Sales Account Manager for the US State & Local Government and Education (SLED) market based in the cities of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Columbus or state of New Jersey Area.
Quest strives to be the very best in everything we do. We are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. Our market leading Information Management database operations solutions help our customers manage, move and monitor the performance of enterprise databases. Sales roles here are challenging and rewarding. We offer career and personal growth to those who work hard and achieve.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the full sales cycle (prospecting, qualifying, solution presentation, negotiation, closing, etc.) of Quest’s Information Management Solutions into a specific territory.
- Responsible for a geographic territory based in the PA, NJ, DE, DC and MD area.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers for assigned SLED accounts.
- Plan, create and implement account strategies across the territory and the top 20 accounts.
- Recognize customer business problems and drive/influence resources to address opportunities.
- Maintain current revenue and focus on identifying new opportunities to increase market share and revenue growth.
- Obtaining customer commitment and delivering a total enterprise solution.
- Coordinating and communicating with various internal resources in Pre-sales, Contracts and Post-Sales to define, develop and execute successful sales throughout an organization.
- Working with Distribution, Channel Account Managers, Channel Partners and other Quest resources to increase opportunity size and expedite closure.
- Establish and develop strategic C-level relationships with business and technology decision makers.
- Close business as quickly and as effectively as possible by collaborating with customers to help solve their toughest technology challenges.
- Become a subject matter expert quickly and continue to deepen product knowledge expertise over time.
- Deliver a predictable book of business to drive forecast accuracy.
- Engage in account planning process to map solutions to client initiatives and determine next steps.
- Prospect for new business with new and existing customers.
- 3+ years of successful experience in a quota driven sales capacity.
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, presenting, negotiating and closing skills.
- Must be able to manage full sales cycles while understanding the customers buying cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% in territory when lockdowns are lifted.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience, MBA preferred.
- Technology sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of solution, consulting and value-based selling techniques to articulate value.
- Accurate forecasting skills.
- Ability to sell to high-level executives using articulate value propositions to build recurring revenue streams.
- Strong teamwork skills required to successfully work in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Proficient with CRM tools – SFDC and Siebel preferably.
Ready to join a community of diverse, energetic people at a customer-centric organization that exemplifies innovation, profitable growth, and open, transparent engagement? Since 1987, we’ve been reducing the time and money our customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation.
With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, we emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers’ journey. Join the innovation. Join Quest.