NDT Field Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quest Integrity, a global leader in inspection and engineering services, is seeking an experienced NDT Field Service Technician to perform all phases in the execution of FTIS inspection jobs; the pre-job, on-job and post-job responsibilities.
These phases of inspection jobs will be carried out from one’s base location and on customer’s job sites using state-of-the-art advanced automated ultrasonic inspection equipment. When not performing inspection jobs, responsibilities will include equipment maintenance and upkeep, on-going training activities for required certifications and advancement, logistical support, and performing special projects.
All Field Service Technicians are required to participate in training in order to certify as a Project Manager (Operator III). This training will be performed within a defined timeframe and includes the successful passing of both our internal certification programs and on-the-job experience. The Project Manager position will include supervisory responsibilities of junior Field Service Technicians and Engineers while in the field performing inspection jobs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform pre-job responsibilities; work scope reviews, prep report materials (create drawings and load historical tables), calibrate verifications, pack and transport inspection equipment
- Perform on-site inspection duties; set up equipment, verify tool calibration, launch, receive, track inspection tools, perform equipment repairs , verify data quality, analyze and process inspection data, assist with field report generation, clean equipment , and re-packing
- Perform post-job responsibilities; inspect equipment, clean vehicle, perform tool check-in tasks and calibration verifications, analyze and process inspection data, assist with field and/or final report generation
- Participate in trainings as necessary to certify as a project manager within the established timeframe
- Assist junior personnel with training and advancement
- Maintain equipment and general shop upkeep
- Make safety a top priority at all times
- Maintain firm commitment to our Guiding Principles
- Performance of other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Prior field service experience running technical projects with crews preferred
- Must possess strong electro-mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills
- Must have outstanding customer service skills, an excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to work in a team environment
- Requires excellent ability to represent the company in a professional manner with regard to communicating and interfacing with clients on a regular basis
- Must be able to obtain foreign work visas as required for US and other international travel
- Travel requirement: >80% during peak periods
- In order to interpret graphic inspection results, must be able to distinguish different shades and combination of colors, such as green, red, yellow and blue
- In order to comply with customer requirements for the use of respirators while on site performing inspections, must be willing to remove facial hair
- Must possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Prior management and/or sales experience a plus
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE
- Documented UT (ultrasonic) certification though CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board) or ASNT (American Society of Non-destructive Testers) working as an NDT technician
- Two year technical degree or equivalent training/experience in the hi-tech, field service, refining or petrochemical industry
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quest IntegrityWhy Work Here?
Come join our growing team at a global leader in Process Heater Inspection and Optimization!
EngineeringView all jobs at Quest Integrity