- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quest Global is now hiring a Quality Engineer for our Aerospace location in Hood River, OR.
This is a full time with benefits and 100% onsite work opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage risk in the manufacturing process
- Direct existing Supply Chain Team when to request a FAIR from suppliers
- Author Quality Inspection Plans for parts - determine key characteristics, generate a plan, develop inspection process, create inspection work Instructions when needed
- Point of contact to the supply chain to resolve technical quality issues with the suppliers Ensure full containment of all quality-related issues is conducted both internally and at associated sites and suppliers in a timely manner
- Create quality inspection plans for suppliers experiencing a high rate of failures
- Facilitate and lead a cross-functional team in failure analysis, Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations, including identifying non-conformances, providing solutions, tracking issues to closure, and leading Corrective Action Boards
- Verify product and process compliance with respect to contractual, technical, industry, AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, and internal policies
- Ensure identification, physical control, and disposition of non-conforming material and facilitate Material Review Board (MRB) when necessary
- Approve CRB (Corrective Response Board) actions as the only Quality asset on site
- Daily status meetings with the factory support, factory management, hourly employees, and internal stakeholders to manage the issue
- Attend Management Review as the only Quality asset on site.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 2 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 5 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, or related area is
- Aerospace industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with industry certifications (AS9100, AS9102, ISO9001
- Certification in Quality Engineering (CQE) is preferred
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Global brings deep industry knowledge and digital expertise to deliver E2E global product engineering services. We bring together technologies and industries alongside the contributions of diverse individuals and their areas of expertise to solve problems better, faster. This multi-dimensional approach enables us to solve the most important and large-scale challenges across the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Energy, Hi-Tech, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Rail and Semiconductor industries.
123 ConfidentialHood River, OR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Quest Global
Get fresh Manufacturing Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!