Engineering Center Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility. We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
The Center Manager role is a crucial position at Quest Global, whose primary purpose of the role is to balance the needs of our employees, our customers, and our company in the development of business strategies and policies. One key responsibility is the development and mentoring of program managers and project leaders to ensure a healthy business and a good working environment with strong employee engagement. Center managers are the face of Quest Global to our employees and our customers, and as such are expected to demonstrate integrity and lead by example. It’s a challenging role, but will be extremely fulfilling for those with the right disposition to develop leaders and delight customers.
To sponsor and manage the delivery of all the programs, projects and the related non project work through optimum resource utilization and adherence to quality and technical standards. Lead a team of direct reports, remove barriers, and meet expectations. Effective delegation, team development, workload & project tracking, and identifying new resources to hiring onto the team will be essential for the manager’s success. Additional responsibilities include ensuring that the team develops and executes with a mix of leadership and program responsibilities.
- Develop and mentor program managers and team leads in their responsibilities to foster an accountability culture and maintain a healthy, effective team of 100+ employees
- Champion employee engagement throughout center and promote a good working environment for all employees in line with Quest Global values and culture
- Make critical decisions to balance needs of stakeholders (customers, employees, and the company), and develop site-specific strategies in line with business unit strategies and market conditions
- Cascade business strategies through goal-setting and appraisal processes
- Build relationships with existing and new customers, identify opportunities, propose solutions, and review program performance; work with account management to write proposals for new business development
- Promote a quality culture and administer systems that ensure consistent business excellence
- Sponsor and oversee critical projects to ensure customer satisfaction, business performance, and efficient use of resources; address customer and personnel issues to ensure a healthy center and a positive working environment.
- Analyze and forecast business performance to drive continuous improvement of the business, implement new business models, and institute best practices
We are excited to talk to you if:
- Bachelors in Engineering or Management with at least 10 years of management experience; experience in engineering services and aerospace and/or manufacturing and operations is preferred
- Demonstrated global mindset and ability to collaborate effectively across cultures
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, with change management experience and a track record of challenging the status quo
- Ability to communicate and present effectively and clearly with management, peers, team members, and clients
- Ability to interact with suppliers and customers
- Experience with project management preferred, Quest Global project management experience a PLUS
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- US Citizen required due to the nature of the work
Location: Windsor, CT
Travel: up to 20%
Compensation type: Salary Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
Quest Global brings deep industry knowledge and digital expertise to deliver E2E global product engineering services. We bring together technologies and industries alongside the contributions of diverse individuals and their areas of expertise to solve problems better, faster. This multi-dimensional approach enables us to solve the most important and large-scale challenges across the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Energy, Hi-Tech, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Rail and Semiconductor industries.
Quest GlobalWhy Work Here?
We care about YOU and YOUR GROWTH!!! We need your skillset, and help, to improve our already great company!
We are Quest Global. We’re in the business of engineering, but what we’re really building is a brighter future. It’s not just what we do, but why we do it that makes us different. We believe engineering has the unique opportunity to solve the problems of today that stand in the way of tomorrow. For 25 years, we have strived to be the most trusted partner for the world’s hardest engineering problems. As a global organization headquartered in Singapore, we live and work in 17 countries, with 56 global delivery centers, driven by 17,000+ extraordinary employees who make the impossible possible every day. Quest Global brings deep industry knowledge and digital expertise to deliver E2E global product engineering services. We bring together technologies and industries alongside the contributions of diverse individuals and their areas of expertise to solve problems better, faster. This multi-dimensional approach enables us to solve the most important and large-scale challenges across the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Energy, Hi-Tech, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Rail and Semiconductor industries.
Websitehttps://www.quest-global.com/ View all jobs at Quest Global
Get fresh Quest Global jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.