Stress Engineer 39817BR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We have an immediate opening for a Stress Engineer at our aerospace location in Chula Vista, CA. The primary function of this position is to perform structural analysis of in-service aircraft nacelle allowable damages and repairs.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Utilize hand calculations, Finite Element Analysis and other tools to perform structural stress substantiation
- Provide technical recommendations to repair engineers and report-writing skills to thoroughly document analysis methodology, assumptions, and results
- Ability to work with others, train up-and-coming engineers, and review their work.
- Realize opportunities for continuous improvement and find ways to implement solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education & experience:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Structural or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Structural Analysis or Stress Engineering
- Experience in analysis of composite laminate and metallic components, preferably in aerospace structures.
- Knowledge and familiarity with allowable damages and repairs associated with metallics and composites, preferable of aircraft structures
- Proficient with FEA tools, preferably MSC NASTRAN / PATRAN.
- Proficient with math and data software, e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, Mathcad.
Quest Global brings deep industry knowledge and digital expertise to deliver E2E global product engineering services. We bring together technologies and industries alongside the contributions of diverse individuals and their areas of expertise to solve problems better, faster. This multi-dimensional approach enables us to solve the most important and large-scale challenges across the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Energy, Hi-Tech, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Rail and Semiconductor industries.
AddressChula Vista, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Quest Global