The Payroll/HR Specialist is responsible for performing Payroll and HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Asst. HR Manager. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits administration, on-boarding, terminations, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Temp to Perm
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Completes semi-monthly payroll for all employees: exempt, non-exempt and hourly
- Collects and verifies timecards for hourly associates
- Identify ways to improve payroll policies and procedures
- Updates and Reports 401K to coordinate with payroll processing
- Assists in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Assists with recruiting on an as needed basis
- Performs benefits administration for new hires, terminations and employee changes
- Maintains confidential employee record keeping
- Establish new relationships and partnerships with vendors who can offer support to HR.
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation etc.
- Witness terminations, write ups and any other disciplinary actions designated by management.
- Completes HR related invoices in the SAP program
Seeking Payroll candidates with the following:
- Experienced with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word
- 3-5 years Payroll Processing experience with Paychex Flex (preferred) for both salaried and hourly employees
- Experience with payroll tax set-up for multi-state environment
- Intermediate Excel
- Knowledge of current FLSA laws
- Must possess strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of SAP a plus