About the Queens Museum:
The Queens Museum is dedicated to presenting the highest quality visual arts and educational programming for people in the New York metropolitan area, and particularly for the residents of Queens, a uniquely diverse, ethnic, cultural, and international community.
The Museum fulfills its mission by designing and providing art exhibitions, public programs, and educational experiences that promote the appreciation and enjoyment of art, support the creative efforts of artists, and enhance the quality of life through interpreting, collecting, and exhibiting art, architecture, and design.
This is an entry-level role that combines working as a key member of the Welcome Team with a unique training program. Each fellow will spend time working in every department of the Museum and will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience of working in a Museum through in-practice training.
The Museum Experience Fellows are the first point of contact for visitors of the Queens Museum. They provide every visitor of the Museum with a warm and inviting welcome. The Fellow is responsible for greeting all visitors upon arrival, interacting with visitors to build community-centered relationships; orienting visitors to the building, and ensuring visitors observe proper health and safety and physical distancing guidelines while visiting the Museum.
We are seeking energetic individuals with a passion for working with a wide diversity of people and who will welcome the community to the Museum. Candidates with prior work experience in Guest Services, the Hospitality Industry, and Museum Visitor Experience are encouraged to apply.
- Greets and welcomes every visitor of the Queens Museum upon arrival
- Interacts with all visitors of the Queens Museum, in person and via telephone to provide support and information regarding safety and physical distancing guidelines while visiting the Queens Museum
- Provides visitors an orientation of the building, including the locations of restrooms, the Queens Museum cafe, and other cultural attractions located in Flushing-Meadows Corona Park
- Administer visitor surveys to all visitors upon arrival and as needed
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with members of the Queens Museum community
- Inform all Museum visitors of the unique exhibitions, educational experiences, and public programs happening at the Queens Museum
- Invite visitors to explore the Queens Museum At Home, our programs that are available online at home
- Ensures that appropriate actions are taken to resolve visitor concerns and questions
- Participates in the museum-wide training program and spends time working in each department
While this list represents the essential functions required of this role, it does not constitute a complete or exclusive one, and is subject to change.
- Interest in Museums, Arts & Culture, community building, and learning
- A passion for people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Prior working experience in Hospitality, Guest & Concierge Services, and/or Museum Visitor Experience
- Spanish, Mandarin, Bangla, ASL language skills are strongly desired