Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility a 280-bed Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center located in Woodside, Queens is currently seeking for 2 full-time Maintenance Technicians to join our dynamic team.
The qualified candidate is preferred to have Nursing Home or Hospital work experience who can assist the Director of Maintenance in the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the Maintenance Department, to ensure that our Maintenance Department is maintained in an informative and descriptive manner.
Ability to perform preventive building engineering maintenance duties. Perform routine plumbing repairs. Perform routine electrical repairs Perform maintenance on Fire Alarm System, Boiler, Cooling towers and other building equipment. Repair and replace building equipment. Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, locks, plaster, elevator control and appliances.
Coordinate daily maintenance services with supervisor when performing routine assignment in resident living areas. Inspect building on a daily basis and develop preventative maintenance routine. Handle emergency calls during non-business hours when applicable. Repair and install toilets, sinks/ faucets, and other facility appliances.
Trace leaks and remove any water damage to surfaces, plaster/ sheetrock and paint. Install/ repair light fixtures, switches, and outlets. Fix locks/ doorknobs and replace when needed. Ensure service contractors visit the building on a monthly basis for appropriate maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, etc.) Remove snow and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather. Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignment, follow established fire safety policies and procedures. Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when performing maintenance services. Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies when lifting or moving heavy objects. Maintain general plant and facility in good repair, ensuring safe, clean and orderly equipment. Keep your work area(s) free of hazardous conditions, i.e., grease/oil spills, excess supplies, equipment, etc. to assure that all established safety rules/ regulations are followed at all times. Refer to material safety data sheets (MSDSs) when necessary. Heating, ventilation and air conditioning maintenance, refrigeration maintenance, light and power maintenance, emergency electrical source maintenance.
- Ideal candidate will have 3-4 years minimum experience as Maintenance Technician
- Knowledge of plumbing and electrical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of gas boiler, sprinkler/standpipe systems. HVAC systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform annual preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment as needed and establish other cost effective maintenance procedures
- Valid FDNY Certificate of Fitness for Sprinklers and Standpipe systems
- Valid Refrigeration Engineer, COQ Cert.,
- OSHA 10 hour Construction Safety and Health certificate
- Excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with resident, clients, vendors, contractors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Job Types: Full-time