Position: Clinical and Business Applications Manager
Location: Middletown, CT
Job Type: Direct Hire
Oversees and manages clinical and business applications across the enterprise and the delivery of innovative solutions that support the mission of the organization. Manager would manage and lead a small team of clinical and business analyst’ s to successfully design, implement, support and integrate varies technologies and software that best meets the needs or the organization. The manager should be a hands-on leader that can learn and support the applications and services used by the organization.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the full clinical and business application portfolio and process improvements across the organization
- Lead and coordinate the design and production of identified projects that are consistent with the goals and objectives of the organization while having regard for innovative solutions, value management, cost effectiveness and functional efficiency
- Lead the expansion and integration of both the clinical and business application portfolio across the enterprise and our clinical/business partners to ensure tight integration and adherence to strict security standards.
- Ensure timely technical and management, maintenance and support of clinical and business systems
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in reporting systems across the organization
- Supervise clinical and business analyst that include but not limited to, conduction performance reviews, career planning, training, guidance and assigning or delegating work.
- Lead and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to ensure timely delivery
- Manages day to day operational aspects of project and scope
- Support compliance with HIPAA, Hi-tech, Meaningful use, JCAHO and other regulatory requirements at the federal, state and local level.
- Effectively applies organizations methodology and enforces project standards
- Analyzes, develops and maintains computer applications, procedures and other systems that satisfy the needs of the user departments.
- Analyzes and develops necessary design work, including testing and documentation. Reviews, evaluates and implements requests from user departments.
- Oversees computer applications to ensure proper use and security.
- Analyzes problems, determines cause and initiates corrective action.
- Develops clear and concise documentation, instruction manuals.
- Provides in-service and other forms of continuing education of software and hardware to users.
- Coordinates, manages the installation new software applications with user departments.
- Stays current with technology through seminars, educational opportunities, trade magazines, etc.
- In-depth working knowledge of all software modules of electronic health record and business applications used within a Healthcare setting.
- Maintains a high level of interaction with all clinical and business areas to continually enhance/improve patient care and back office operations.
- Shares on-call duties with other individuals within Information Technology.
- Coordinates and participates in both internal and external user group functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the organizaion' s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare.
- 10+ years related experience in healthcare applications technology
- Knowledge and experience with GE Centricity preferred
- Knowledge and experience with eCW preferred
- Knowledge of HRIS/Financial ERP systems with preference for Workday
- Knowledge of leading Business Apps used in Healthcare both on premise and SaaS Product
- Demonstrated knowledge Meaningful Use, HIPAA and industry regulatory standards
- Experience managing clinical and business applications within Healthcare
- Excellent project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize complex or divers information; collects and researches data; designs work flows and procedures
- Ability to work well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Understands organizations strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with project management
- Experience with business implications of decisions
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Clinical degree in Medical Technology, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Pharmacy etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to travel independently throughout locations as needed.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours to include early morning, evenings and weekends as necessary
Queen Consulting Group, Inc.