We’re looking for a customer service focused Sales Director to actively seek out and engage prospects and develop new business. You will be selling Quartermaster Logistics fulfillment services to publishers in the Tabletop Games industry as well as targeting new development in other industries. You are responsible to plan, direct, oversee and execute all sales activities and strategy. You are also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and setting clear expectations for quality of product and service.
Sales Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, marketing, economics or related field.
- 5+ Years in a sales management role or equivalent experience.
- Flexibility in hours required for international customers.
- Experience in Tabletop Industry and/or Kickstarter a plus.
- Experience in Shipping and Logistics a plus.
· Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
· Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
· Develops a sales plan to bring in a target number of new leads and manage each through to closure.
· Possesses or develops the knowledge and expertise in logistics and the tabletop industry to offer value added solutions to customers.
· Maintains accurate opportunity notes and information about prospective and current clients throughout the sales cycle (using CRM).
· Monitors customers’ interactions with our Customer Service group and expedite resolutions when necessary.
· Supply management with weekly and monthly reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products, services, and expanding the customer base.
· Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
· Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
· Continuously improve through feedback.
· Develop and maintain sales and promotional materials and campaigns.
· Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
· Adhere to all company procedures, values and policies so that you provide an accurate representation of the company to all potential and current customers.
· Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, etc…
· Travel up to 10-20% of your time to conventions for sales.
· Sales Executive and/or Sales Manager Experience.
· Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
· Customer service mindset: Service and teaching oriented mindset with the patience to match.
· Ability to develop new business opportunities.
· Leadership Skills: Ability to develop and manage a team of direct reports.
· Competitive Selling: Ability to position Quartermaster’s services against direct and indirect competitors.
· Prospecting: Discipline and work ethic to build and refuel a sustained pipeline that generates predictable results.
· Remote Selling: Ability to effectively manage sales interactions via telephony and Skype with the ability to effectively manage information flow via e-mail correspondence.
· Negotiations: Strong knowledge of fulfillment services terms and offerings and the ability to create a win-win scenario.
· Forecasting: Ability to orchestrate the closure of business on dates consistent with the accurate understanding of prospects needs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
· Process Orientation: Discipline to follow the sales model but with enough instinct to intelligently skip steps when appropriate.