Spacecraft Flight Operation Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We’re looking for a seasoned Spacecraft Flight Operation Engineer that is highly motivated, with the expertise experience in establishment of mission control and performing successful in-orbit flight operations for various spacecraft missions.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Lead in the configuration and testing of the system to support flight operations. This includes the development of methods, procedures, and tools to assist in the execution of the spacecraft in-orbit operations.
- Execution of the End-to-End (E2E), Data Flow, Connectivity, and System Validation Tests (SVT) campaigns.
- Setup of the Mission Information Base (MIB) database, including telecommand (TC)/telemetry (TM) parameters and satellite data evaluation displays or synoptics
- Executing in-flight operations on-console based on established operations plan and procedures, including planning for communication windows activities, TC preparation and uplink, and TM monitoring.
- Performing in-contact spacecraft commanding and state of health assessments to ensure health and safety of the spacecraft is maintained
- Performing regular telemetry trend analysis to verify and maintain subsystems and system health and safety, and mission success, including data and information exchange with system and subsystem engineers.
- Responsible for anomalies detection and resolution, including the execution of corrective actions as needed to recover and maintain spacecraft health and mission success.
- Coordinate all flight operation activity and manage Spacecraft and Ground Systems safety as well as Ground Systems configurations
- Bachler of Science or Master of Science degree in aerospace or electrical or mechanical or any equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with mission planning and management software.
- Experience in spacecraft command and control software.
- Experience in spacecraft flight C&DH software.
- Experience on working with command generation and telemetry processing that use industry de-facto standards such as CCSDS formats.
- Desire work location with the DMV arena; subject to discussions.
Quantum Space is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.
Must be permanent resident and authorized to work in the United States
Quantum Space is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?