Quantum Screening Inc. is looking for a Principal Scientist from the biotech industry. The candidate must be proficient in molecular biology with an emphasis on immunology. The successful candidate is required to perform both ELISA and lateral flow immunoassay. In addition, the Principal Scientist has to culture hybridoma cell lines for monoclonal antibody production. The successful candidate needs to work with experienced scientists from multiple vendors. The position provides a leadership role for the candidate bridging the gap between basic and clinical science and developing diagnostic products working with a large group of experts from clinical and regulatory sciences (FDA, ISO, QMS), and financial and marketing industries. The scientist will also be involved in designing the products working with engineers and in mitigating challenges encountered during product development.
In this leadership role the Principal Scientist must demonstrate excellence in professionalism, and interpersonal and communication skills for team building. The annual salary range is from $110K-$120K, based on the experience. Stock options are available which will be milestone based.
- Managing R& D efforts to develop point-of-care and cutting edge screening tools for acute and chronic diseases and physiologic conditions to evaluate wellness.
- Coordinating regulatory and manufacturing activities for commercialization.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team and works well with other scientists.
- At least 4 years of experience of immunoassay development with a focus on lateral flow immunoassays.
- Rigorous maintenance of documentation for QMS and FDA submission.
- Ability to manage an independent research program with no supervision.
- Hands-on experience generating analytical assay development, optimization, and validation data packages in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Highly motivated and innovative problem solver able to independently execute, troubleshoot, and interpret experiments. Work close with senior management to develop strategic plans.
- Experience in antibody purification, reagent formulation, material selection, general assay optimization, covalent chemistry, next generation mobile point of care readers.
- Ph.D. in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent organization to facilitate internal and external communications.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, start-up or R&D environment.
- US citizenship or green card is a requirement for this position.
- Must have strong writing skills for reports and documentations as well as a background in grant proposal writing.
- Familiar with ISO 13485 compliant quality systems.