Sr. Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Crestview, FL; Orlando, FL and Tupelo, MS
Quantum is the currently supporting operations to the US Army's Space and Missile Defense Command, Future Warfare Center (FWC) Concept Development and Integration Division (CDID), US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), Capabilities Manager Space and High Altitude (TCM-SHA), and Space Prototyping and Experimentation Branch (TCM-SHA-PE) under the Space Enablers/Enhancements Technology and Innovation (SETI) Task Order (TO). Quantum develops cutting edge technologies and solutions, while providing technical expertise in Diversified Engineering, Modeling & Simulation, Cybersecurity, and Rapid Prototyping.
- Work with mission partners to gather needs and prepare those needs for funding approval. This will require technical understanding and continuous communications between several stakeholders.
- Work with the Systems Engineering team to document the needs and create artifacts for funding determination. Once approved, will stay engaged with the development team to communicate updates to the mission partners and ensure their needs are being accurately addressed.
- Be the focal point for multiple mission requirement requests.
- Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Working as expert, will conduct research and evaluate technical performance of hardware products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensure products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements. This includes reviews of test plans/procedures and ensuring requirements verification/validation.
- Produce high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Bachelor of Science degree with 4 years of work experience or Master of Science degree( consider 2-3 years exp) preferred in Electrical, Mechanical, Systems or Aerospace engineering, physics, or a related technical field from an ABET accredited school,
- Systems Engineering process for RDT&E and sustainment of military systems
- Design and reverse engineering, analysis and characterization of new parts or assemblies
- SolidWorks Computer-Aided Design and Drafting iaw MIL-STD-31000 and ASME Y14 standard a plus but not required
- Rapid prototyping processes and methods for developing components and systems
- ISO-9001 and AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) processes and controls
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project
- Air Force Satellite Communications Network (AFSCN)
- Ground based Radar systems
- Technical writing requirements, plans, procedures, and reports
- Communicating technical ideas and information verbally and in slide presentations
- Electronic circuits, RF Systems, Communication Systems, and Space Communications process
- Systems Engineering, System Integration with Validation/Verification testing
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Model Based Design (MBD) tools and processes a plus
- Active INCOSE membership
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Quantum Research International, Inc.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Quantum Research International, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?