Senior SW Engineer UI/UX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing Systems, Cloud Services and Systems; (2) Space and Ground Support Systems; (3) Aviation Systems; (4) Missile Systems; (5) Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Systems and Experimentation/Training; and (6) Audio Visual Systems and Services. Quantum's Corporate Office is in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen; MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Orlando, FL; Crestview, FL; Madison, AL, and Tupelo, MS.
Supports a US Space Force program for development and integration efforts associated with innovations for Space, Near Space, Space Control, Missile Defense Capabilities and information operations to the Warfighter. We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients' needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
As part of the development team, this position will support or execute the following activities:
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Execute software engineering processes within development process guidelines
- Develop software solutions based on validated problem reports and change requests
- Execute software coding to support division projects
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Draft and maintain technical documentation for developed code
- Develop Software solutions that can be easily tailored to COTS and GOTS systems
- Support the development of user interfaces
- Support the development of web services solutions for tasks
- Develop net-centric data interfaces in accordance with evolving USSF C2 standards
- Plan, propose and implement upgrades to software to maintain compatibility with commercial off the shelf (COTS) upgrades and advances in technology
- Assist in software functional testing
- Participate in TIMs
- Support and participate in Configuration Control Board (CCB) proceedings to include providing advice and assistance with identifying Software related solutions to the CCB
- Develop and provide support for unique testing tools
- Support the development of methods to test for early detection and correction of software anomalies
- Develop and maintain a software development plan
- Performing system and subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, and subsystem and system integration and tests for a system.
- Participating in software requirement review, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review.
- Researching the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Interacting with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- Providing technical guidance to lower level software engineers.
- Designing ideas for new capabilities or recommendations for improvements to existing capabilities.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Demonstrating knowledge of multiple software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, Waterfall, Extreme Programming (XP), Paired Programming).
- Demonstrating expert level knowledge of security concepts, networks, device drivers, & system internals are applied in daily tasks.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge in at least one technology area (e.g. Windows, Unix, Mobile, Network devices).
- Communicating status with leadership and customers.
- Contributing to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Providing solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Determining computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming.
- Ensuring software standards are met.
- Leading the design, development, documenting, testing and debugging of applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Leading a project developing hardware or software-based Computer Network Operations (CNO) capabilities providing direction to other CNO developers.
- Planning and conducting assignments, generally involving the larger and more important projects or more than one project.
- BS degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Programming, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree with proven record of experience
- 5 years of experience developing software solutions utilizing C++, Java, Java Script or Python starting from end user requirements description through the ultimate deployment of a product into the production environment
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters that are willing to learn something new if they come across a new issue never seen before.
- Successful candidates must also have the ability to troubleshoot and upgrade legacy solutions ranging from stand-alone applications, Web based solutions, as well as enterprise level solutions
- Successful candidates will be working in the AGILE development world to include Extreme Programming (XP), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Paired Programming 100% of the time.
- Willing to travel as needed/ required
- Must have active DoD TOP SECRET clearance and SCI eligible, must maintain clearance and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Desired: Successful candidates will be proficient in the following areas:
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe XD, Balsamiq and InVision)
- Design Patterns
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Quantum Research International, Inc.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Quantum Research International, Inc.