Linux Systems Administrator
- Posted: March 31, 2022
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing Systems, Cloud Services and Systems; (2) Space and Ground Support Systems; (3) Aviation Systems; (4) Missile Systems; (5) Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Systems and Experimentation/Training; and (6) Audio Visual Systems and Services. Quantum's Corporate Office is in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen; MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Orlando, FL; Crestview, FL; Madison, AL, and Tupelo, MS.
Quantum is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to support HQ as well as multiple other projects Huntsville, AL.
Responsible for activities related to Linux system administration. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of server hardware and software. Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
7 plus years of experience with Systems Administration (Concentration in Linux OS) Bachelor's Degree desired in IT related field, but years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree. Experience in the following areas Required:
- Creation of maintenance of Linux desktop image based on Ubuntu Karmic Koala Kerberos authentication via Active Directory Centralized user/group store on LDAP backend Automatic mounting of AD home directories using cifs utilities
- Creation of company CIS Level 1 compliant Red Hat / CentOS 6, 7, 8 server images
- Configuration management using Ansible. Application specific profiles deployed and maintained via roles
- Configuration management using CFEngine
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Deployment of Vcenter and Vsphere
- Vsphere monitoring
- VSAN deployment and management across multiple sites
- SolarWinds network and systems monitoring
- Duo multi-factor authentication
- NetApp storage configuration and management
- Commvault backup solution
- Docker configuration and administration
- Selected applicants will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Applicable Certifications include but are not limited to any of the following: CompTIA Security+(Required, if not obtained, certification within 6 months necessary)CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Linux+, MCSA/MCSE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
Quantum Research International, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Quantum Research International, Inc.