Digital Engineer /Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE)
- Posted: over a month ago
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing Systems, Cloud Services and Systems; (2) Space and Ground Support Systems; (3) Aviation Systems; (4) Missile Systems; (5) Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Systems and Experimentation/Training; and (6) Audio Visual Systems and Services. Quantum's Corporate Office is in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen; MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Orlando, FL; Crestview, FL; Madison, AL, and Tupelo, MS.
Mission: Quantum is currently seeking a junior to mid-level Systems Engineer with experience in Digital Engineering (DE) and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) to support the US Space Force and Launch Enterprise. The candidate will support the Digital Engineering (DE) efforts/activities and apply systems engineering knowledge to execute DE processes and MBSE methodologies. The candidate will support MBSE product development to support an integrated DE approach. Location: Colorado Springs- or Huntsville, AL
Responsibilities: The contractor shall assist the customer in providing technical and engineering oversight of all programs within the customer's portfolio. This includes:
- The candidate will support MBSE product development to support an integrated Digital Engineering (DE) approach
- The candidate will be expected to identify and apply MBSE methods/tools to support development and definition of architecture artifacts using Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- The candidate will also interface directly with customers, support development of DE guidance, and implement strategies
- Develop and refine model artifacts assessing organizational system processes, internal/external interfaces, requirements, and issues for US Space Force
- Translate documented processes into executable SysML products
- Support the execution of Meta-model schema decomposition using SysML or another format
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to identify technical interfaces and capabilities needed in a DE Environment and translate technical data into MBSE artifacts
- Support the definition of organizational/program processes and inputs
- Consolidate DE efforts and technical content from multiple sources
- Communicate timely and effectively with internal leadership and government counterparts
- Perform technical briefings to various stakeholders
- Support the organization and definition of top level organizational/program requirements for varied digital artifacts
- Support the definition of process issues, evaluate alternatives, develop plans, and resolve technical issues with functional areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/STEM required and 10 years exp, MS degree a plus ( 8 years exp)
- Background must include Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must have experience working with MBSE tools (e.g., Cameo, etc.) and system architecture development
- Experience with architecture development and familiarity with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and related architecture guidance
- Ability to think critically, synthesize information from multiple sources into comprehensive plans, identify technical issues, and understand higher level impacts
- Familiarity with MS Excel and other MS Office tools to develop concise and presentable information
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to deliver technical documents and briefings
- Ability to work independently with cross functional teams with minimal oversight
- As a condition of employment, you will be required prior to starting employment to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 (unless prohibited by applicable law)
- Requires a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance, and the candidate must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI
- Microsoft Certification preferred
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in a business discipline
- Working knowledge of Schedule Risk Assessment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Quantum Research International, Inc.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Quantum Research International, Inc.