Quandary Consultants Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quandary Consultants LLC (Quandary) is seeking a fun, energetic Field Biologist to join our growing team of diverse professionals. Quandary is a full-service environmental and regulatory consulting firm based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2016 Quandary has quickly become a top choice for clients in the construction, oil & gas, renewable energy, electric utility, and government sectors.
The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in wildlife biology, ecology, or related field and3 to 5 years of field survey experience, although recent graduates from a university-level environmental program are encouraged to apply. The candidate should have experience with avian, vegetation, and noxious weed surveys, wetland assessments, and habitat assessments. GIS and other mapping software experience is also of preference.
Applicants should be highly organized, a good written and oral communicator, have a good sense of humor, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail and strong technical writing skills are essential qualities.
Field Biologist Responsibilities:
· Independently conduct fieldwork efforts
· Collect detailed, accurate scientific field data
· Assist with creation of client deliverables including written reports and maps
· Conduct desktop assessments and field surveys for wildlife and vegetation projects, and delineate potential wetlands
· Interpret and manage spatial data using ESRI products, Google Earth, or similar platforms
· Actively participate in safety programs and support a safe work culture
Other key qualities include:
· Scientific writing experience
· Federal, State, and local regulatory knowledge
· Ability to travel to remote locations alone with minimal supervision
· Team focus
· Detail-oriented, but not myopic
· Manage and interpret spatial data using ESRI suite of products, Google Earth, and similar platforms
· Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
· Conduct field work in addition to working in an office setting
· Teachable, fast learning, and willing to learn new skill sets
· Willing to attend environmental training courses on a variety of topics
· Valid driver's license and safe driving record
· Able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Quandary ConsultantsWhy Work Here?
Quandary strives to be a great place to work where you are excited to come to work every day.
Quandary Consultants is a full service environmental and regulatory consulting company founded by professionals who successfully help companies maintain supportable practices while achieving their objectives. As a company, we strive to work with diverse clients to achieve environmental and regulatory compliance through efficiencies and cost savings. Traditional risk assessments and compliance driven programs can be cumbersome and time consuming. Our goal is to shift these processes ones that are more persistent, efficient, and compliant. Quandary’s unique life cycle approach to managing environmental and regulatory projects set us apart from the rest.
55 E 4th AveDenver, CO
ScienceView all jobs at Quandary Consultants