The leading wound care management company in the southeast US. Equal opportunity employer.
Wound Care Specialist (MD / ARNP / PA)
**We will train** If the idea of working 24/7 with high stress or very sick patients in a hospital or office (a high malpractice risk associated with relative low pay) no longer excites you, this may be the job for you. Our growing nursing home wound care practice is in need of MD/DO/ARNP/PA.
Flexible work hours, no night or weekend calls, great staff to work with, well compensated.
Wound Care Specialist Duties:
- Manage wound care in the nursing home environment
- Staff Physicians supervise Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners
- Educate personnel. Experience is helpful but not required
Wound Care Specialist Job Description:
- We expect that you have NO knowledge of wound care. We will teach you all there is to know.
- We expect you to read the materials assigned to study and demonstrate this with documents and conversation.
- It takes about a month to learn the basics, 3 months to start to feel comfortable, 1 year to know wound care.
- This is a day job, Monday through Friday. No nights or weekends. But we do expect you to be available by cell phone 24/7.
- We group the facilities by location and assign them to a physician/ARNP. The physician/ARNP visits these facilities weekly and manages the care of the patient's wounds.
Wound care involves:
- Assessing the patient (complete H&P). Special attention is paid to disorders that increase the risks of wound formation.
- Debridement of wounds
- Order appropriate dressings
- Ordering other appropriate medications and instructions
- Educating the nursing staff
- Communication with PCP, family and clinical team as needed.
Guessing is not allowed!
Wound Care Specialist Requirements:
- Licensed MD, DO, ARNP, PA to practice (unencumbered)
- DEA license optional
- Board Certified/Eligible, State requirements of position
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to learn, teach, manage others, and be a team player
- Enjoys the mental and physical challenges of wound care
- Computer skills
Wound Care Specialist Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- CME allowance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Auto and phone allowance
- Other benefits will be explained at the interview