Quality Support Services Flagstaff, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
We are hiring Respiratory Therapist(s) for contract positions for the US Department of Health in Gallup, NM. Positions last a minimum of 13 weeks, with the possibility to last up to two years. The pay rate is $26.50 per hour.
DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- Oxygen administration using all available devices, such as nasal cannula, simple masks, ventri-masks, partial rebreather, aerosol mask, oxyhoods, infant incubators, etc.
- Basic life support of all age specific patients.
- Initial set-up of ventilators.
- Ventilator management of adult, pediatric, neonatal and geriatric patients.
- Ventilation of patients with known diseases such as COPD, asthma, pneumonia, adult respiratory distress syndrome, etc.
- Thorough documentation of ventilator-supported patients will be completed every two hours, including the ventilator flow sheet.
- Assisting with intubation of patients of all ages.
- Proper care of endotracheal tubes and trach tubes, including the use of a cuff monitor.
- Weaning patients from ventilators and recording such measurements.
- Extubation of patients of all age groups.
- Knowledge of Respiratory pharmacology, including knowledge of all respiratory medications, their positive effects, their adverse effects, and proper doses.
- Metered dose inhaler/spacer administration, knowledge of the effect of metered dose medications, frequencies of administration and duration of medication's effects.
- BiPAP/CPAP administration and proper fit of nasal masks and full facemasks.
- Proper suctioning technique of patients on ventilators and patients that are not on ventilators who need nasopharyngeal/oral suctioning.
- Comfort care to patients who are nearing their time of death.
- Obtaining sputum samples either naturally, by induction, or by suction.
- Performing arterial punctures, being mindful of proper technique and transporting blood products properly.
- Analyzing and interpreting arterial blood gases.
- Running venous blood gases.
- Having complete understanding, knowledge, and application of chest physiotherapy involving postural drainage using percussion and vibration.
- Peak flow monitoring of patients.
- Proper use of oximeter and capnograph on all age groups.
- Performing electrocardiograms on all age groups, documenting patient information, pulling files and filing EKGs post-interpretation.
- Maintaining all respiratory equipment for future use by testing, cleaning and calibrating.
- Adhering to JC and CLIA standards in care of patients, equipment, the blood gas laboratory and any other laboratories operating under GIMC.
- Clearly educating patients and families, followed by clear documentation of procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of performing in trauma situations, life and death situations, situations with critically ill patients, high risk patients, and in case of disasters.
- Must abide by all JC standards for full assessments, monitoring the effects of a patient's response to care given and all information pertaining to the care of the patient.
- Must fulfill all physician's documented orders for all patients who fall under the care of Respiratory Therapy, unless the order could harm the patient.
- Must be capable of performing Respiratory duties in an in-patient and out-patient setting.
Quality Support Services
HealthcareView all jobs at Quality Support Services