Production Supervisor Manufacturing
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
Position Description for Supervisor, Operations, Welding
Company: LT Corporation
Reports to: Plant Manager, Quality Steel
**Please also apply to our direct website so we may track your progress! http://qualitysteelcorporation.com/careers **
LT Corporation (LT Corp), based in Cleveland, Mississippi, is the parent company of Quality Steel Corporation, LP Cylinder Service, Inc., and Buckeye Fabricating Company with five locations in the U.S. Quality Steel and LP Cylinder manufacture propane tanks and cylinders and Buckeye Fabricating Company produces custom fabricated pressure vessels. The company was founded in 1957 by Lowry Tims and is committed to sustained value creation for all its stakeholders, starting with employees, under family ownership and leadership. The Company’s commitment to excellence - caring for employees, serving customers and having a positive impact on local communities - is core to its mission. To further its mission and value creation, LT Corp is focused on growing both organically and through acquisition as the LT Corporation family of companies.
At LT Corp, our purpose is to continue to improve the lives we touch, to help others grow, thrive and succeed – is further lived out in our core beliefs and values and defining How we Lead. We provide a positive and supportive environment with other extraordinary total rewards including an employee stock ownership plan and a high-match 401(k) to help our employees plan for their secure futures consistent with our long-term value creation approach.
The Supervisor, Operations is responsible for leading the daily operations of the welding department, promoting an environment of positive employee relations, safety and quality to achieve the plant goals. The Supervisor will lead by example and engage employees in creating a work environment that reinforces our positive culture and family values and demonstrating passion and urgency for meeting customer expectations. The Supervisor will help create a continuous improvement and lean culture in support of improving productivity, health and safety, quality, delivery, environmental and cost efficiency goals. The Supervisor provides leadership for approximately 25 team members and is a key member of the plant leadership team.
· Lead the welding operation, setting and monitoring operational performance. Ensure compliance to the production schedule and manufacturing priorities to achieve or exceed production goals. Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer‐driven priorities.
· Direct daily activities to meet or exceed QSC quality standards and health, safety and environment practices and metrics. Drive sustainable improvements in health and safety, quality, productivity, inventory, on-time delivery, lead-time and environmental practices, standards and metrics.
· Monitor, coach and counsel production operators for attendance, tardiness, and work performance. Manage, track and report production operator vacation schedules and attendance.
· Lead and support a continuous improvement and lean culture. Ensure standardized work processes are followed through daily performance audits, the use of performance boards and visual factory methodology, analyzing metrics, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective measures as needed. Continuously improve through Kaizen.
· Develop and lead 5S efforts within assigned areas of responsibility. Audit performance on a regular basis to ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost targets are surpassed on a regular basis.
· Successfully investigate, analyze and implement corrective actions related to customer or internal product and process concerns.
· Complete all required checklists, reporting, and data measuring productivity and other metrics. Ensure required checklists are completed accurately and consistently by operators.
· Participate in new employee orientation/onboarding processes to ensure associates are properly trained for their work
· Collaborate across the plant, ensuring reporting of technical and non-conformance issues across operations. Communicate across various levels and teams of the organization.
· Maintain flexibility in assisting the management of the Finishing/Paint or Yard Departments as needed.
· Lead by example, demonstrating LT Corp’s “How we Lead” (servant leader, devoted, resilient, growth mindset, team player, trustworthy, fun-loving) leadership traits and reinforcing LT Corp’s purpose, core beliefs, and values to all team members.
· Lead and direct the operations team, delegating authority and accountability, managing performance and coaching team members in “How we Lead” to achieve results and reinforce the positive culture.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisor/leadership role in manufacturing operations demonstrating performance improvements.
· Demonstrated experience implementing a continuous improvement and lean culture, utilizing tools preferred, such as: Kaizen, TPM, standard work, 5S and root cause problem solving.
· Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
· Positive leadership approach, ability to motivate, train and develop a team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Servant Leader, lead through influence style vs. command and control
· Ability to communicate and build relationships throughout the organization.
· High level of urgency and accountability to meet customer needs.
· High self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
· Strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
· Ability to analyze data to inform the decision-making process.
· Aligned with highest integrity and family values.
Education and Certification Qualifications:
· Associates degree, preferably in a technical field required. Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field preferred.
· Industry recognized Lean Certifications a plus.
Quality Steel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Quality Steel Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?