We are looking to hire a tech that will perform a variety of quality control evaluation tests in compliance with standard company policies, identifying and reporting non-conforming to food quality and food safety. We prefer to hire someone with previous QA experience in the food industry.
***This is a THIRD shift position (11:00 PM - 7:30 AM)
***Overtime is REQUIRED, AS NEEDED
***Job location is in Chicago Illinois
***$14.50 per hour
- Calibrates test equipment and pull samples as required.
- Conducts a variety of quality control evaluation tests as assigned.
- Assists with analytical testing for trials and competitive analysis.
- Compiles data, and enters data into paper or electronic files.
- Maintains and updates assigned data base(s), both paper and electronic.
- Provide support to assigned line, performing checks and analytical testing.
- Produces assigned reports daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Notifies immediate supervisor of any deficiencies within the Food Quality and Food Safety program.
- Performs a variety of sanitation tests, and reports exceptions.
- Identifies and reports nonconforming products and situations for problem resolution.
- Performs some limited clerical and administrative tests in support of the Quality Assurance function.
- Performs duties not regularly assigned in the absence of other Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Performs all duties in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations including but not limited to OSHA, EPA and MWRD.
A high school degree is required or one year equivalent work experience.
Must have good math skills.
Minimum of one year in a food-manufacturing environment required.
Good working knowledge of productivity software, including Microsoft Word, and Excel desirable.
Must be knowledgeable in HACCP, GMPs, SOPs, OSHA and Safety Regulations.
Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
Ability to adapt communication style. Able to interact with production line.
Able to read and interpret test results as compared to company standard, and identify and report exceptions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Why Work Here?Quality Staffing is a full service staffing agency located in Illinois. We offer a comprehensive range of staffing services to companies throughout the state of Illinois and across the country. We specialize in Accounting, Administrative, Customer Service, Finance, General Labor, Hospitality, Human Resources, Legal Assistants, Light Industrial, Marketing, Non Clinical Healthcare, Retail Services and Transportation classifications on a temporary, temp-to-hire or direct hire basis. Additionally, we offer customized services such as on-site management, payroll, skill assessment testing and management reporting to assist in your staffing requirements.
This company offers financial stability and a promising future.