* LOCAL DISPATCHER FOR MOVING OPERATIONS *
Growing veteran owned and operated relocation firm seeks an experienced Local Dispatcher to manage moving operations performed throughout the DC-metropolitan area. Since 1994, our team’s can-do attitude and “no fail” approach has resulted in numerous quality awards and continuous growth. If you have a similar mindset, then WE WANT YOU!
As our Local Dispatcher, you will be responsible for dispatching and tracking around 25 vehicles and 45-75 employees per day while coordinating other fleet and operational activities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Scheduling and dispatching personnel to perform assigned work, ensuring all necessary labor, materials, and equipment arrive at each job site in a timely manner
Upholding and enforcing company standards and policies such as attendance and uniforms
Tracking and maintaining accountability of crews, vehicles, equipment and materials
Performing daily vehicle inspections to include pack vans, pickup trucks, box trucks, straight trucks, and tractor-trailer units to ensure fleet readiness
Maintaining communications with crews regarding job status, customer satisfaction, payment for services rendered, and required paperwork
Motivating crews to ensure high quality work is executed in a safe and timely manner
Identifying and encouraging personnel to undergo professional development for advancement opportunities
This position requires strong leadership, motivation, and discipline, as well as a positive, service-oriented attitude, exceptional problem-solving skills, and an ability to physically assist both movers and packers with their daily responsibilities as may be necessary in a demanding work environment.
- MUST HAVE A VALID COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE (CDL) (OR THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ON!) with no major violations or at-fault accidents in the last 3 years
Demonstrated 2+ years of prior dispatching, fleet management, transportation, or similar experience (preferably in the household goods and/or relocation industry)
- Knowledge of transportation regulations and vehicle capabilities
- Solid leadership and motivational abilities, along with strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written) using the English language
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office applications, Internet , Windows, etc.
- A “lead by example” mindset with an always positive outlook and a sense of urgency to get assigned work completed
NOTE: Position is located in Lorton, VA and we are NOT metro accessible
We offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation package with benefits (to include health/dental insurance, 401K with employer matching, and tuition reimbursement!), professional development, and exceptional advancement opportunities for motivated individuals seeking to do/earn more. For consideration, e-mail your resume TODAY!