Quality Scales Unlimited is a privately owned company that has been in the scale industry for more than 30 years. We are the largest independent weighing equipment company in Northern California, and we have recently expanded to the Bakersfield area. We sell, service, rent and support all types of weighing equipment for over 2000 California and Nevada businesses. Our company is committed to delivering the highest-quality, technically superior scale maintenance services in the industry.
To support continued growth, we are seeking a Service Scale Technician and Class B Driver. This position reports to our General Manager and is responsible for inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, installing and calibrating electronic and mechanical weighing equipment, at customer locations in Southern California, primarily around Bakersfield.
No experience with weighing equipment? No, problem! If you are either electrically or mechanically inclined, enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems have a willingness to learn and possess a positive attitude, we can provide training specific to the scale industry.
- High-School Diploma or GED; AA Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance or repair (preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of directly related work experience on maintenance of mechanical or electrical systems
- Class A or B drivers license with clean driving record
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Excellent computer skills (PC/Windows/Office)
- Enjoy working in small teams in a variety of work locations and environments and are comfortable with variable hours and occasional weekends
- Clean Background and Driving Record and Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Physically strong, with the ability to lift 50 pound weights above your head - frequent kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/ pulling
- Work both indoors and outdoors in all types of industrial businesses with exposure to hot, cold, dirty and confined space environments
- Daily driving up to a two plus hour radius of Bakersfield
- Neat, clean and professional appearance
- Perform scale system preventative maintenance, installations and repairs
- Load equipment, tools, parts and PPE needed for execution of scale services
- Assist with maintaining, stowing and cleaning equipment, vehicles and tools
- Follow company safety guidelines
- Maintain communication with Scale Service Technician co-workers and General Manager daily
- Complete all job related documentation
- Carry out overtime, on-call and out-of-town duties as required
- Demonstrate self motivation and positive energy
- Be organized, detail oriented and accountable
- Work efficiently with a sense of urgency; stay committed to the task through completion
- Interact with co-workers and customers in a professional and respectful manner
- Ability to handle frequent job changes, delays and unexpected events during work day
The pay range for this position is $18 to $23 per hour. This is a full time, non-exempt position with potential for overtime based out of Bakersfield, California. Daily hours will vary, but technicians typically work over 40 hours/week. Benefits include 401k with employer matching, medical insurance, dental and vision reimbursement, paid time off and paid holidays.