HVAC Service Technician
Will be serving Grayson County and surrounding areas
The basic function of the HVAC service technician is to troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair residential and commercial HVAC systems. The HVAC service technician is responsible for performing those operations as assigned to him by the service manager or dispatcher. He is responsible for maintaining the quality of his work up to acceptable company standards and for representing the company in a manner that promotes good relations.
• Install equipment properly the first time he is at a customer’s location.
• Be neat and clean at all times and keeping his truck and equipment the same.
• Attend all training classes and training seminars to keep his expertise upgraded in his field.
• Adhering to proper procedures in the use of paperwork (work order, return material tags, etc.).
• Take direction regarding scheduling from installation supervisor.
• Keeping the installation supervisor informed at all times as to “where he is,” “where he’s been,” and “where he is going.”
• Follow through on job problems.
• Turn in all paperwork to office making sure it is filled out completely and accurately in the field.
• Responsible for having all minimum required stock on truck at all times.
• Other tasks as requested by the operations or service manager or CEO.
• EPA Certification.
• NATE certified or be working towards NATE certification.
• Ability to represent company in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff and the general public.
• Work well under pressure.
• Must have valid drivers’ license and a good driving record.
• Must have all required tools.
• Ability to handle difficult customer/diagnostic issues.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Good communicator – works well with different customers and office personnel personality styles.
$20 - $40 per hour + monthly commissions, SPIFFs based on up sales and equipment sales