HVAC Installation Apprentice
Will be serving Grayson County and surrounding areas.
The primary responsibilities of the HVAC installation apprentice position consists of assisting lead HVAC installers with installations, repairs and maintenance for a variety of equipment, including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers. Other position responsibilities are as follows:
• Update the status of each assigned dispatch to accurately reflect times for traveling, working, lunch, completion and any other relevant status changes for each job.
• Turn in paperwork to the office on a daily basis, unless extenuating circumstances prevent doing so.
• Assist other HVAC technicians as needed.
• Respond to Dispatch or other office pages or phone calls in a timely manner.
• Assist senior HVAC technicians with maintaining truck stock as required for job completion to avoid unnecessary trips to the warehouse or supplier’s store.
• Help senior HVAC technicians to ensure company vehicle is maintained as scheduled and is cleaned on a weekly basis.
• Assist with the preparation/fabrication of parts for jobs as needed.
• Work with senior HVAC technicians to obtain guidance or clarification for current or upcoming jobs.
• Receive training for installation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC equipment. Correct any deficiencies or inaccuracies identified in the inspection of completed work in a timely manner.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Apprentice A/C and Refrigeration license.• -EPA Certification (Clean Air Section 608).
• Working knowledge of state and local building regulations based on the International Mechanical Code.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, take responsibility for meeting deadlines and be a skilled problem solver.
• Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Demonstrate responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and confidentiality in communications with all levels of office staff, other technicians, vendors and customers.
$16 - $24 per hour + bonus potential