Early Head Start Teachers and Teacher Assistants with the passion of working with newborns to 5 years of age.
Early Head Start Teachers and assistants will be working under the direction of the Director and the Lead Teacher.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily activities and interactions reflect the mission and goals of the program
- Plan and implement a program of educational activities for infants and toddlers, including writing a weekly lesson plan that specifies daily schedule, and achieves specific curriculum goals as written in education component plan
- Evaluate the accomplishments of the children on a regular basis and reports progress
- Plan and implement an individual service plan for each child in the classroom
- Promote feelings of security and trust in infants and toddlers by being supportive, and comforting, and by establishing strong and caring relationships
- Develop curriculum activities
- Plan assignments and participate in the performance review of the assistant teacher
- Ability and desire for personal and professional growth and skill development
Lead Teachers must have a Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood/Child Development.
Teacher Assistants must have a Minimum of Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or Associates Degree with equivalent coursework in Early Childhood Development
Assistant Teacher must have a CDA
Must have Gateway Training