This position is responsible for providing technical excellence across a number of operational functions for the company. The incumbent will have a leadership role with technical contributions for all maintenance and engineering operations at the site. The ideal candidate requires strong personal initiative to identify opportunities, achieve engineering standardization and implement best practices across the manufacturing facility. This position works closely with the facility's cross functional groups to ensure technical alignment and task execution.This position will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to good engineering and maintenance practices at the site.
- Responsible for safely leading and ensuring adherence to policies and regulations to guarantee that all maintenance and engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Leads engineering as related to projects and processes in order to provide common tools for estimating, project documentation, and equipment evaluation to improve speed to market on new products.
- Provides feasible process & controls, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facility, which includes major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facility expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- Demonstrates comprehensive leadership and management of Good Engineering Practices (GEP).
- Leads and develops empowered Engineering & Maintenance teams and provides them with continuous support in achieving quality output.
- Manages relationships with customers, consultants & regulators.
- Leads the harmonization of Engineering & Maintenance policies and GEP across the organization.
- Prepares and maintains Corporate Guidelines and Corporate Engineering & Maintenance Manual
- Participates in weekly/monthly/annual Engineering function reviews.
- Performs internal audits & inspections in respect to Safety, Instrumentation and GMP within Engineering.
- Is well versed in regulatory compliance with key role in HVAC and critical systems.
- Takes a comprehensive approach in evaluating and delivering key results with Plant energy conservation and cost effectiveness.
- Organizes investigation of major breakdowns through why-why analysis and other similar tools which assist with pointing to root cause.
- Responsible for new technology assessment, equipment retirement and disposal & transfer of Plant assets.
- Ensures engineering documentation remains in compliance with site procedures and in keeping with cGMP and ISPE guidelines.
- Executes work in compliance with site standards and procedures, cost control and adherence to the procurement policies.
- Interact with cross-functional teams, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure proper reviews and requirements are met.
- Complete thorough project design reviews, hazard and quality assessments through cross functional teams.
- Ensure all project tasks follow site quality and engineering procedures where applicable.
- Maintain close communication with all project stakeholders by opportunely issuing reports, meeting minutes and action plans.
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 10-15 years in packaging or similar industry
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Possesses a strong knowledge of packaging machinery, process machinery and equipment.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Plays an active leadership role in start-up, commissioning, and qualification phases of projects.
- Experience working in cross functional teams.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, with an emphasis on documenting processes and operating procedures.
- Ability to monitor the performance of the manufacturing processes via tracking of key process metrics and to initiate continuous improvement programs as required.
- Works in concert with operations to identify, document, investigate and remedy the cause of product non-conformance.
- Possesses expertise of various engineering documentation (e.g., P&IDs, user requirement specifications, functional specifications, design specifications and protocols).
- Manages OPEX and CAPEX.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Communication - strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives.
- Innovation - displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required, for a period of 8-12 hours per day, stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, controls, or tools. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
QPSI is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. QPSI also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
We Will Accomplish This By The Process Of Continuous Improvement, Involving All Of Our Employees, And Providing A Safe, Clean And Creative Work Environment.
As an industry leader in contract packaging and supply chain management, QPSI has served the consumer goods and pharmaceutical industries with excellence for over 40 years.
QPSI's seamless and streamlined approach accelerates speed to market, eliminates waste and touch points throughout the supply chain and helps our customers achieve their business goals.