Drywall Framer/Hanger Mechanics
Position Summary: The Framer/Hanger frames and fastens drywall panels to the inside of buildings using hand tools, power tools or adhesive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
- Measures and marks cutting lines on framing, drywall and trim, using tape measure, straightedge or square.
- Recognize and correct unusual installations.
- Layout work for projects.
- Install metal framing.
- Secures metal framing to walls and furring channels to ceiling.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on drywall's.
- Fits, aligns and hangs doors and installs hardware such as locks and kick plates.
- Attach sheet rock (drywall) to metal studs using a screw gun. Installing insulation in wall as sheet rock is installed.
- Installs horizontal and vertical metal studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls, using hand tools.
- Learn and abide by OSHA and PWI safety rules and regulations.
- Forecast the workload and needs of the Helper and yourself so that they do not experience down time.
- Read prints on a minimal level.
Specific Skills: Excellent Interpersonal Communication skills are needed as the Mechanic will be communicating with the Foreman.
These variables are tasks that must be carried out by the employee and are implicitly or explicitly required as objectives of the job:
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 lbs..
- Stand at work site on grass, dirt, rock, asphalt, concrete, carpet, linoleum, wood, etc.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, and crawl to perform carpentry tasks for construction, renovation and repair.
- Bend and stoop to perform work on shop equipment and work benches.
- Work in all weather conditions including prolonged periods of rain or heat.
- Sit in vehicle to drive between work locations.
- Push/pull lumber and material, finished product on hand carts.
- Drive vehicle and forklift.
- Climb step and extension ladders, scaffolding, bucket truck.
Work Environment/Working Conditions
Employee will work in a field environment. The noise level is moderate to high.