We are seeking to add a part-time, motivated and compassionate CNA to our day shift team on the Senior Care Unit in Ark City, KS! The ideal candidate will join a team who share a true passion for our patients and their unique geriatric behavioral health needs. We pride ourselves on providing dignity and respect to our geriatric patients while they are receiving our specialized behavioral health care.
- Provide patient care under direction of nursing staff
- Maintains units equipment and supplies necessary for operating the unit and providing patient care as evidenced by the availability of routine supplies, the lack of over stocking and timeliness of ordering and picking up supplies.
- Maintains patients nourishment as evidenced by accurately completing the dietary request, lack of over stocking food and timely completion and disposition of the request.
- Maintains teamwork approach by remaining patient, calm, and helpful to all teammates during each shift.
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and positive environment
- Previous experience in nursing, geriatric patient care, and/or assisting with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other psychiatric needs is preferred, but not required
- Ability to build rapport with patients and their family
- Compassionate, calm, and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to work well in teams and individually
- Experience with administrative tasks in an organized manner
- Strong work ethic, positive demeanor, and strong history of attendance and punctuality is a must!