We have openings for PRN Registered Nurses (RN) to join our team on our Senior Behavioral Health unit in Ark City, KS ! We provide exceptional care for geriatric patients struggling with behavioral health diseases such as Dementia, Alzheimer's, Depression, etc. and are looking for caring and knowledgeable team members to join us.
Competitive pay rates offered!
- Administer nursing care to geriatric behavioral health patients
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and behavioral health diseases
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate documentation and patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology and psychosocial systems as evidenced by accurate assessments, participation in staffing and case conferences and recognizing and responding appropriately to symptoms and behavior.
- Previous experience in geriatric & psychiatric/behavioral health nursing preferred but not required
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients and their family
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintaining a therapeutic atmosphere
- Strong work ethic, positive demeanor, and strong history of attendance and punctuality is a must! We take great pride in the care we give our patients and only want to hire those willing to care for our patients like they would their family member.
Our company's benefits to rural hospitals include:
- Recruiting, hiring and assuming the payroll for the entire staff and physician.
- Providing clinical program implementation and staff training.
- Providing management consulting, individual independent market analysis and full survey preparation.
Quality Health Care is able to generate a significant revenue stream for the hospitals while also providing a specialized service to a growing and under-served segment of the community and their families. We take great pride in providing a safe, respectful, and caring environment for our patients during their stay.