Are you passionate about helping the elderly population? If so, come be part of our team!
We are seeking a Social Worker (MSW, LMSW or LCSW) to join our geriatric behavioral health team! You will provide emotional and administrative support to patients in either individual or group settings.
Quality Health Care, Inc. manages the geriatric Behavioral Health Unit within Mitchell County Medical Center in Beloit, KS.
Competitive salaries and amazing benefit package offered!
The successful candidate will perform psychosocial assessments and develop mutually agreed upon intervention plans with patients, families, and psychiatric providers on the geriatric behavioral health unit. They will be responsible for implementing safe and sustainable post discharge plans. Must be able to work collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team. Preferred experience should include behavioral health in a medical setting. The patient population presents with significant psychosocial needs including but not limited to Dementia, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
Full Time, Day Shift, M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Special Care Unit - Mitchell County Medical Center
- Assess nature of clients' situations by interviewing and reviewing personal history
- Develop and execute individual treatment plans
- Determine appropriate milestones to gauge client progress
- Communicate client updates to all relevant parties
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and programs
- Maintain accurate client documentation
- Previous experience in social work, counseling, or other related fields
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with patients and their family members
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills