Quality Distribution is a global transportation logistics and Services Company. It is the operating company for Quality Carriers, QC Energy Resources, Quality Bulk Logistics, and Boasso Global. We employ over 2,000 people nationwide and have over 200 people in our Tampa based corporate office located in the Channelside District.
Quality is a core carrier for many of the Fortune 500 companies engaged in chemical processing and we provide services to many of the top 100 chemical producers in the world with US operations.
As the leader of North America's bulk transportation services, we set the pace for the rest of our industry. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our team members are motivated, intelligent, ambitious individuals who are passionate about what they do.
We are currently seeking to add another experienced billing professional to their group! Come join the QDI Team!
As a Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for invoicing customers that have specialized billing needs with accuracy using customer contracts and other sources to validate charges. Handle billing for new Affiliate terminals and specialized billing projects as acquired. This position is extremely dynamic and will require strong organizational skills, dedication, and ability to research multiple sources documents to ensure accurate billing. In addition, this position serves as a support to other billing staff both locally and in the field.
- Maximize revenue by billing invoices weekly within a robust billing application
- Research and uncover root cause analysis for billing discrepancies and communicate effectively with the field to ensure accurate billing, as well as identify areas for improvement within the billing process
- Research multiple source documents to ensure correct fees are charged
- Initiates Driver pay by comparing customer contract to driver's paperwork and billing fee processes
- Implement corrective action to disputed invoices
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree in Business or Finance related field, required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance related field preferred
- 2 years of related experience in a similar billing role
- Intermediate Skills in Microsoft Excel
- General Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to Multitask
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Dispute Resolution in regard to root cause analysis
- Excellent Organization skills
- Team Mentality
Quality Distribution Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Microsoft Excel: Intermediate
- Billing: Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking: Intermediate
- Time Management: Intermediate
- Teamwork: Intermediate
- Detail Oriented: Intermediate
- Communication: Intermediate
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Associates or better
- 2 years: General Accounting Knowledge
- 2 years: Dispute Resolution in regard to root cause analysis
- 2 years: experience in a similar billing role