Quality Building Services is seeking an IT Support Specialist to provide Hardware and Software application support to maximize IT infrastructure uptime and customer satisfaction with both in house users and company clients.
- The individual will become a subject matter expert with the IT Hardware and associated software functionalities in use within the business environment.
- The individual will be the primary escalation point for all hardware and software issues for business units.
- The individual will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving IT cases in the office and on the field.
- The individual will partner with division managers and IT Personnel on training materials and product rollouts.
- IT/Computer Science, 3 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting, 3 years (Preferred)
- Experience with Guartek, or another employee check-in/out system using NFC or QR codes, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Experience with Asset tracker/Inventory management system with Serial numbers and/or QR Codes, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Experience with Fleet management solutions (GPS, NFC) hardware and maintenance components, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Commercial Printers hardware and maintenance components, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Office phones hardware and maintenance components, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Office VideoConferecing hardware and maintenance components, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Office/Retail video surveillance hardware and maintenance components, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Apple Airwatch, Android Google Play Admin, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce, 1-3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office, 3 years (Preferred)
- Responsible for hardware & related software security and configuration functions to meet business needs.
- Assist in providing 24/7 critical support for supported mission critical business applications
- Application issue resolution: perform analysis and provide primary issue resolution for assigned resources and projects.
- Coordinate with software vendors when relevant
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Periodically perform data cleansing activities in the applicable databases.
- Develop reports, dashboards and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
Education/Soft Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is required
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience is required with a minimum of 1-3 years working in support of facilities maintenance and security business
- Able to conduct research into application issues and products
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and issue resolution techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability
Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.