Director of Operations
- Expired: March 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: The Director of Operations will be responsible for fostering QAP's mission: QAP rolls out value for our customers. He/she will embody our mission by maintaining a laser focus on customer satisfaction and consistently delivering results based on companywide KPI's. The Director of Operations is responsible for developing and sustaining long term strategic plans to enhance all aspects of operating efficiency and continuous improvement, which in turn drives exceeding customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cultivate and guarantee a culture of safety focus by analyzing near miss and OSHA recordable data. Enforce and be the example for all safety polices and regulations. Issues correct action when needed.
- Establish, implement and ensure compliance in departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.
- Maintain daily two-way communication with team. Provide updated information on current business status.
- Ensure that all employees actively participate in and complete appropriate training (on the job, classroom, or otherwise). Ensure all training is evaluated and proper documentation is maintained.
- Evaluate direct reports performance. Provide continuous coaching and development to engage and motivate team.
- Investigates employee concerns promptly and thoroughly creating an environment of trust.
- Direct and coordinate activities of production and shipping department or others concerned with production of products to meet customer demands.
- Maintain and ensure production of high-level quality products that QAP customers deserve
- Evaluate/Initiate standard quality processes and procedures
- Drive culture focused on exceeding customer expectations
- Lead lean manufacturing disciplines and shop floor visual management to eliminate waste/improve productivity in operations and logistics
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff membersEstablish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff membersEstablish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.Ensure plant is manufacturing building to production plans and shipping to meet customer delivery plans
- Manage the overall movement of goods into and out of production facilities to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and maximum performance of operations.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, or sustainability of operationsReview financial statements, production reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Prepare and present productivity reports of the plant, containing the plant's weekly production performance, indicating the financial results of the activity, the condition of the plant and safety status
- Deliver to budget on labor, scrap, throughput, etc.
- Maintains complete security and confidentiality of company and employee information.
- Ensure that employee conduct is free from any form of harassment (sexual, racial, religious, etc.).
- Ability to maintain regular attendance at QAP facility.
- Any additional task assigned by QAP B.O.D.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity and Trust
Is widely trusted; is seen as direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidence; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent himself/herself for personal gain.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers other; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Timely Decision Making
Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Developing Direct Reports and Others
Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
Drive for Results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of managing experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with metals. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Six Sigma manufacturing required
Language/Reasoning Ability/Mathematical Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as excel, and crystal reports. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area and are important. Also the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistics. Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand up to 8 hours. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, forklifts and pallets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection is required in all production areas of the plant. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold and rainy weather conditions. We also always require steel toed shoes and protective eyewear in the plant.
Quality Aluminum Acquisition LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Quality Aluminum Acquisition LLC