Staff Cloud Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you interested in working with the Worlds leading AI-powered Quality Engineering Company? Read on!
The Staff Cloud Engineer will evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies relative to the design and buildout of a robust and scalable cloud infrastructure utilizing the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform. The role will be responsible for designing and implementing new solutions across the entire technology stack supporting both internal and customer facing applications. The Staff Cloud Engineer will function as the Team Lead for other Cloud Engineers, as well as participate with development teams in the design of systems to match business needs.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies to solve complex challenges for bioinformatics and business systems.
- Understands all existing Adaptive production systems and how they interact with each other.
- Keeps up to date with new and rapidly evolving cloud technologies and identifies opportunities to improve existing Adaptive systems without compromising stability or security.
- Ensures all new technologies can be deployed with appropriate regulatory considerations where applicable.
- Functions as technical lead on implementation of solutions in Microsoft Azure.
- Oversees end-to-end implementation of solution deployments in Azure.
- Mentors and function as technical lead to other Cloud Engineers.
- Document all systems and designs for future supportability.
- Provide technical advice and support to software development engineers, scientists, and other staff.
- Partner with Quality Assurance and Release Management teams to ensure best practices around software releases.
- 12+ years of experience designing supporting highly-available, 24x7 production systems
- Strong working knowledge and proven working experience in Linux, networking, storage, and information security.
- Database Administration experience (PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
- Strong working knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Solid experience in administration and troubleshooting application stacks (e.g. Apache, JBoss, Play Framework).
- An ability to translate business and science requirements into IT solutions.
- Experience in healthcare use cases, handling HIPAA and FDA related considerations.
- Mastery of a major IT automation language, such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with DevOps in a cloud context, including supporting teams of developers.
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills.
Administrative work in a home/office environment.
Regular weekday work hours, with occasional weekend/after-hours planned or unplanned work as needed.
Occasional lifting/moving/installation of computer systems and other office/datacenter equipment. Occasional work in datacenter environments.
- Be a part of a company who strives to support for diversity and inclusion in the workplace we are one, we are many at Qualitest. Celebrate culture, share knowledge with engineers from around the globe, and inspire each other through our differences.
- Local and global opportunities we offer you internal rotation and international mobility opportunities to grow your career.
- Clear view of your career and progression with the company Qualitest is growing massively (since Jan 2021 added more than 2000 engineers) and giving you the opportunity to grow with us.
- Work hard and play harder with our flexible and casual culture. Take a break from work and join an employee event, or enjoy the amenities and games provided from one of our Employees Centers.
- Save your earnings and prepare for your future by enrolling in our 401k plan where Qualitest will match your contributions accelerating your savings plan.
- Take care of health with enrollment into one of our competitive healthcare benefits. Qualitest will match towards your HSA if you choose to participate.
- Never stop experimenting and learning with Qualitest Tech academy: 3000+ training courses, mentorship programs, technical tribes, sponsored certifications, leadership programs and much more
- Stay active and get rewarded with our Corporate Wellness Program. We pay your Gym membership and giving you opportunities to Earn additional vacation times for attendance the gym!
- We invest in our Senior Engineers and leaders with our Equity program
- Earn bonuses via our Client Referral and Employee Referral Programs. Refer and earn tap your network for net-worth.
- Planning a vacation? Looking for car insurance? Get access to Qualitest Employee Perks for discounts on anything from travel to electronics. With so many offerings the savings are endless!
Intrigued to find more about us?
- Visit our website at www.qualitestgroup.com
- Check out our Career page: https://qualitestgroup.com/careers
If you like what you have read, send us your resume and lets start talking!
TechnologyView all jobs at Qualitest