Welcome Center / Tourism Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you the type of person who enjoys meeting new people on a daily basis? How about welcoming people to the local community? Or working with a team of people to make our neighborhood more inviting to visitors, including those who grew up here or are brand new to the area?
We have a Welcome Center / Tourism Specialist opportunity available!
The ideal candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the city and surrounding area’s tourism inventory including accommodations, retail, restaurants, attractions, events, exhibits, and other related tourism services
- Respond to inquiries and the needs of walk-in visitors, telephone, and website requests
- Keep an extensive record of daily visitation, reservations, and referrals to local tourism partners for the purpose of completing State-required reports and maintaining the “Regional Visitor Information Center” status
- Maintain updated hotel, event, and attraction information for the city’s Convention and Visitors Bureau’s publications, website, etc.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing content for the web, newsletters, and social media
- Prepare reports as needed by the Executive Director
- Keep the city’s Convention and Visitors Bureau’s Hospitality & Tourism information current on various websites
- Keep the Welcome Center stocked with brochures and other informational materials, manage brochure fulfillment requests, and the hospitality email account
- Support the Executive Director’s sales efforts by preparing welcome/wedding/group promotional items in a timely and organized manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Some travel, evening and weekend hours, as required
- High School Diploma or GED, plus additional studies
- Three (3) years of secretarial or administrative experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, volunteers, public officials, media, and the general public
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry materials and office supplies up to 25 pounds
- Knowledge of office procedures, methods, and equipment; must have a thorough knowledge of proper phone etiquette, basic business letter writing, and administrative procedures affecting inventory, purchasing, accounting, and personnel/payroll transactions
- Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license and reliable transportation
This is a Part-Time Opportunity
BusinessView all jobs at Qualified Staffing
Get fresh People Operations Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.