Senior Analyst II/Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PUT YOUR FINANCE SKILLS TO THE TEST! EXPERIENCED SENIOR ANALYST NEEDED!
Senior Analyst II/Team Lead
Location: Downtown Lapeer, Michigan
Exempt - Grade Level 7
Equal Employment Opportunity
Monday - Friday
$21.00 - $38.00/hour based on experience
Corporate Values & Mission
“Provide superior service, quality advice and show utmost respect to everyone we meet.”
Performs a variety of commercial loan support services while managing an assigned group of analysts. The role includes numerous duties which facilitate and safeguard the lending function.
Reports To: VP Credit Dept Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Credit Application Process:
- Underwrite credit requests ensuring conformity with loan policy while providing timely responses to new business opportunities.
- Use critical thinking to conduct thorough risk analysis of applications for commercial credit including the Bank’s most complex relationships.
- Timely analysis of various financial reports (interim financials, covenant tracking AR/AP compliance reports, etc.) to monitor the financial health of various assigned client relationships.
- Participate in timely renewal planning with loan officers
- Construct financial statement spreads and understand and interpret key ratios.
- Collaborate with loan officers encouraging appropriate structure of transactions – as needed
- Responsible for calculating risk scorecard and recommending risk ratings.
- Collect credit information for preparation of commercial loan package.
- Manage Assigned Credit Staff:
- Mentor and train new/existing credit analysts in all aspects of commercial loan underwriting
- Review loan presentations for accuracy, structure, etc.
- Ensure conformity with loan policy and procedures.
- Ensure client conformity with all financial statement requirements, including the use of monitoring systems for tracking.
- Establish periodic meeting schedule with staff members to ensure timely dissemination of department and corporate news.
- Perform quarterly Key Performance Requirements (KPR’s) and annual reviews.
- Manage workflow of assigned team members to insure maximum efficiency and output.
- Manage scheduling requests.
- Able to work productively with other credit staff not directly assigned.
- Position requires periodic travel within banking region.
- Complete thorough, accurate, and supportable real estate evaluations on various property types and serve as second reviewer for the same.
- Provide an analyzed, researched, and documented package for review by supervisor, officers, committee, or Board as appropriate within prescribed service standards.
- Maintain various loan/departmental reports – as needed
- Provide bank management with loan reports as required in a timely manner.
- Assist supervisor in the establishment and maintenance of procedures necessary to insure high-quality underwriting.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Be familiar with and comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act as they relate to the functions of this position. Complete all required reports related to those acts and reports any observed violations or potential violations of those acts to a supervisor or other appropriate bank officer.
- Be familiar with and comply with all federal and state banking regulations as applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an Inpidual in this position must be able to perform each of the above essential duties satisfactorily and exhibit the values of the Company. In addition, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Experience and/or Education
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or other business-related experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years commercial loan underwriting experience preferred
- RMA ‘CRC’ designation preferred, or willingness to obtain within 18 months.
- Proficiency with computer software (Microsoft Office Suite, including Dynamics) and learning new programs.
- Strong knowledge of financial documents and general accounting principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Expected to conduct relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the organization.
- Prior direct or indirect supervisory experience preferred.
In addition to the Corporate Core Competencies, inpiduals in this position are expected to exhibit the following:
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data accurately; able to read and interpret written information.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex and perse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Has a thorough understanding of underwriting, coverages and rating procedures
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Business Acumen – Understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Ability to work in an office environment which may include many hours of computer and telephone usage.
Ability to lift 25lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable inpiduals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Qualified Staffing