The ideal candidate will offer experience from the operations side of this industry along with the ability to interact directly with the customer providing solutions covering a wide variety of requirements from their Tier One supplier and OEM clients.
- The number one requirement is that the individual comes from a similar background offering a history supporting compounding operations. IE – they need to know Polymers!
- Ability to act as a customer interface with a good temperament to handle resolving the unique challenges of their clientele
- Knowledgeable of processes and machines in a compounding environment (extruders, gravity feeders, vertical/conical blenders, dryers, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of chemicals (don’t need to be a chemist, but do need to know polymer science)
- Engineering degree preferred however experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years in plastics / polymer manufacturing
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all operational launch activities
- Cultivate culture, encourage, quality, safety, and growth opportunities
- Coordinate and design of plant production area
- Lead by example: on the floor, coaching, mentoring
- Oversight of manufacturing assembly operation
- Achieving Daily production requirement sequencing, delivery, and quality for the entire plant, Directs, guides & motivates to reach plant goals and objectives
- Lead and develop shift managers
- Build and manage relationships
- Oversight of team member on the Job Training
- Support and lead projects
- Collaborate with clients and internal teammates
- Adhere to Quality philosophies and policies
- Communicate across all departments to ensure targets are on schedule
- Update and track KPI’s, implementing countermeasures as required
- Assist with audit processes to identify gaps in policies and procedures and implement corrective actions for any nonconformities
- Ensure proper records and documentation
- Budget development and management
- Computer literacy to include Windows applications and Microsoft Office Suite
With over 30 offices in ten different states, we are looking for great candidates to add to our growing team.
Why Work Here?Qualified Staffing was established in 1988 and is one of the leading employment firms specializing in education, industrial, and clerical staffing. With over 30 offices in ten different states, we are looking for great candidates to add to our growing team.
We work for the best companies - so can you!