NDI LEVEL III-MANAGER - DIRECT HIRE
Reports To: Sr. Director of Engineering and Quality
Our client is an Aerospace Industry leader in the Design and Fabrication of Engineering Components and Applications. We view our Customers as partners and our goal is to achieve the highest level of Customer Satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with other departments outside of NDI to make sure the information and communication between NDI and other departments is adequate and timely.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting among direct reports and submit to the appropriate people.
- Identify and develop reports necessary to effectively manage the Non-Destructive testing department and to meet our overall company objectives
Provide Level III support for Phased Array UT projects including hardware/software integration, defect evaluation, code compliance and inspections.
Develop procedures and inspections techniques for new applications and NADCAP approval for ultrasonic inspection
Provide top-level leadership with regard to inspections utilizing Liquid Penetrant, Visual and Ultrasonic focusing on strategic planning and implementation of the plan.
Ensure that all direct reports are meeting the goals and objectives set out in the business plan and that adequate time is being committed and plans are in place to achieve these goals.
Monitor monthly inspection throughput to identify problems with quality and productivity.
- Develop and implement corrective action to ensure that each problem is addressed and corrected.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all direct reports with a strong focus on implementing lean manufacturing and improving productivity. Focus on identifying and driving out waste and inefficiency.
- Ensure training programs are in place and effective. Develop new training programs where necessary and ensure that existing programs are used and followed up on.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required (US Citizen or Green Card holder)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Epicor software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and appropriate regulations in business management, purchasing, finance, quality assurance, and production and inventory control, as they apply to a manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and use financial information/reports as a management tool.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and develop subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several activities / projects at once, to organize / prioritize work, to meet deadlines and to prepare plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead initiatives for meeting customer needs, improving performance, and engaging associates in continuous improvement, and to build collaborative relationships with other functions and organizations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and management experience.
Seven to ten years’ experience in performing ultrasonic and penetrant inspection on Composite structures for aerospace
CERTIFICATION IN THE FOLLOWING:
ASNT NDT Level III – Ultrasonic (Required)
ASNT NDT Level III – Visual (Preferred)
ASNT NDT Level III – Liquid Penetrant (Preferred)
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Non-Destructive Testing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
With over 30 offices in ten different states, we are looking for great candidates to add to our growing team.
Why Work Here?Qualified Staffing was established in 1988 and is one of the leading employment firms specializing in education, industrial, and clerical staffing. With over 30 offices in ten different states, we are looking for great candidates to add to our growing team.
We work for the best companies - so can you!