- Posted: over a month ago
Heavy-Duty Truck Technician
The Service Technician is a skilled position that is responsible for repairing and maintaining the customers Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks. This includes diagnosing issues, preventative maintenance, repairs, disassembly and re-assembly, and writing detailed work notes.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnoses cause of malfunctions and performs repair
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Communicates with service advisor, dispatcher immediately on repair updates or delays
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-Tp-Know, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ASE Certification a plus
- Cummins Engine Repair Certification a plus
- Basic Computer Skills
- High School Diploma - College or Technical training preferred, but not required
- Valid CDL License a plus
If you or someone you know is interested, give us a call today to get the process started! 770-383-9908
162 West Main Street Village, Suite 300 Cartersville, Ga 30120
AutomotiveView all jobs at Qualified Staffing
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?