Are you interested in working with the largest independent software testing company? Read on!
QualiTest is looking for a Hardware Test Technician (Medical Device) to join our team in Fremont, CA!
- Assist in creation, setup and execution of design verification test protocols to identify functionality and reliability improvement opportunities for mechanical components and systems, electrical cables and circuit boards in a surgical robot
- Perform life cycle testing of the electro-mechanical systems and components
- Assist in establishing test plans and proposing design of experiments studies.
- Summarize results in test reports for documentation Execute structural testing; Design and build electro-mechanical test fixtures, wiring harnesses and test beds for use in R&D, QA inspection and production areas
- Utilize various test resources (shock, temperature and humidity chambers, vibration table, etc.) to set up, run and monitor series of electrical or mechanical reliability tests.
- Interface with HW & SW design, Manufacturing, Quality, and Field Service teams
- Provide production and post-production support by identifying complex technical issues, evaluating options and proposing solutions
- Specify appropriate test equipment, engineering and production tools
- Perform other duties as may be required
- Associate degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, or Electro-Mechanical from an accredited college/university, with emphasis on Mechatronics, Robotics, or Automation Engineering.
- A minimum 5 years of hardware test/debug work experience with assisting in the development and executing of test procedures. Background in the medical device industry is a plus.
- Familiar with mechanical CAD (Solidworks preferred); Knowledge of the electrical CAD (Altium) is a plus.
- Understanding of structural, fatigue and stress testing, including simulation software analysis
- Basic knowledge of controls and motor theory with some coding ability (python, java, or C++) is desired
- Knowledgeable in using standard bench test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMMs, multimeters, power, logic, and spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Possesses soldering, electronic and mechanical fabrication skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Have continuous access to and work with Senior Testing Specialists and Practice Experts
- Be a part of a leading testing company, globally recognized as a Visionary by Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Work with cutting edge technology in a company built by testers for testers, this is what we do!
- As a global company, we offer unique placement opportunities around the world
- Our QualiTesters are the reason for our success, we constantly encourage career development and promote from within
Intrigued to find more about us?
- Visit our website at www.qualitestgroup.com
- Check out our Career page: http://qa-jobs.qualitestgroup.com/
If you like what you have read, send us your resume and lets start talking!