- Posted: March 19, 2023
The selected individual will be responsible for designing and/or upgrading test apparatus (rigs/lanes/cells) as required, reducing and validating test data, tracking test severity, ensuring customer needs are being met, communicating with the Operations group to ensure productive and efficient testing, representing at industry meetings and always looking for ways to improve our testing and efficiency. As a key member of the Mechanical lab, the expectation would be to take a hands-on approach to our testing and problem solving, be an integral part of all solutions, and where applicable, lead OEM's, customers or the industry to solutions that are technically sound while protecting interests and capabilities.
- Design and develop tests that produce performance data to meet the objectives of internal/external customer programs.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology, customer needs, market trends, and industry direction
- Maintain safe work practices and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Comply with all ISO and quality system requirements with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Maintain productive relationships with team members and internal and external customers.
- Prepare written technical reports and make oral presentations internally and externally as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of two years experience in a testing environment, preferably in automotive, fuels, emissions, or lubricant testing
- Experience with the design, construction, and commissioning of test cells, rigs, or other research tools is highly desirable.
- Intimate knowledge of vehicles, engines, and/or transmissions, and associated electronics
- Solid understanding of PID control
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of SI and CI engines, fuel management systems, electronic engine control, CAN communication and basic instrumentation and test cell hardware.
- Excellent project management skills (MS Project) with the ability to run projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work productively in cross-functional team situations
- Demonstrates effective presentation development and delivery skills
- Demonstrates a "customer service" orientation to assignments
- Demonstrates initiative
- Able to tolerate multiple work interruptions and maintain focus on details
- Demonstrates adequate literacy in routine computer applications
- Understanding basic statistics is desirable
- Able to interact effectively with employees at any level, from technician to VP
- Able to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Able to travel as required (up to 20%)
Apply for this job
TechnologyView all jobs at Qualdoc