- Expired: April 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Pay rate: $40-55/hr
- Duration - 3+ months
- Temporary to permanent
- Mondays and Fridays work from home
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays in the office
- As a Manager, you will organize and manage resources so that projects are completed on time, and to a defined scope and quality level that meets cost constraints.
- You will manage various resources such as project coordinators, application engineers/programmers, subcontractors and project check out teams. Projects are fast paced, and are managed remotely for various National Account customers in North America.
- Principle Duties:
- Delivers a great customer experience with Novar offerings.
- Manages internal and external resources and making sure the project team has the
- necessary skill sets to complete the project
- Establishes the projects overall critical path and ensuring that all project phases adhere to the agreed-upon timeline
- Assists project team in troubleshooting and finding solutions to unforeseen issues
- Develops and monitors all phases of project budget
- Communicates with stakeholders, team members and other project managers on project status; including progress, risk and issues that may have an impact on project delivery.
- Manages customer expectations and proactively closing expectation gaps
- Takes ownership of, manages and obtains approvals for all change requests, particularly regarding scope and budget.
- Ensures that project team is adhering to all standards and processes as defined by
- Prioritizes issues for resolution, hold or escalation
- Ensures that system installation and system performance meet the customers
- expectations as well as Novars high quality standards.
- Participates in pre-sales estimate reviews to ensure necessary control products and
- labour are specified to meet contract requirements and sequence of operation.
- Completes job estimates and base proposals.
- Oversees preparation of point-to-point wiring diagrams, scope of work definition, written sequences of operation, and applications programming and development.
- Approves Bills Of Material.
- Reviews construction documents to determine project installation requirements.
- Reviews and accepts project booking package from Sales.
- Creates and maintains project timelines and milestones. Routinely communicates with all project-related parties.
- Schedules Novar finished goods and purchased product deliveries..
- Schedules subcontractors on turnkey installations and site visits.
- Coordinates on-site system checkout and commissioning with Novar Programmer and on-site subcontractor.
- Oversees that on-site training is conducted promptly and thoroughly.
- Oversees that all project closeout documents and software are completed and delivered promptly.
- Measures and approves all project financial milestones.
- 5% to 10% travel is required
- Basic Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of D.D.C. technology, personal computer systems and software is required.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience as a Project Manager / Engineer in the building automation industry, or multiple years experience in the retail construction field.
- Demonstrated capability in problem resolution and project planning
- Excellent communications skills as well as timely problem resolution skills.
- Recognized professionalism in customer relations is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Additional Qualifications:
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Project or other project management tools.
- No education requirement.
Must pass a criminal background check (7 year felony + sex offender)
Must pass a pre-employment drug test (10 panel for recreational drugs and opiates)
Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
ConstructionView all jobs at Qualdoc